Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers DVD/BR release details for Australia

Anyone know if we're getting the Predacons rising DVD here?

I think the official word is some time this year. which is apalling marketing on madmans behalf.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by KaRNiV8L PRiME View Post
    Apr-02 Madman Transformers: Prime (Season 2, Volume 5) - Advance on Cybertron Children / Family PG 132 mins MMA4556

Apr-16 Madman Transformers Cybertron Collection One Sci-Fi / Fantasy G 625 mins MMA5394
    Well it's about hugging time, Madman... I was getting tired of having to watch my US complete collection with the missing half of an episode and being stuck having to watch it on my Region Zero DVD player. Bleh.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I think the official word is some time this year. which is apalling marketing on madmans behalf.
    I can't believe I just gave Madman money. I just got the Remastered G1 set from work. I really shouldn't give Madman my money since they are treating us so badly with Prime. Plus splitting the Armadaverse DVD's up into two seasons per series doesn't win them any love from me.

Has anyone else found that the display ratio of the G1 Remastered Boxset is all skew-if?

I've found that with the 1st two discs at least, the menu's display correctly as they're designed to be in a 16x9 ratio, but the actual episodes (Natively 4x3) are being stretched to fit 16x9!?

I've assessed the my various settings between the DVD/Blu-Ray Player & TV and have determined it's definitely the DVDs because; when I play the older Madman Japanese G1 Complete collection DVDs, their menus are designed & display in 16x9 and the episodes too display correctly in their 4x3 format - all without changing a thing, setting-wise!

Has anyone else experienced this? - Is it a known production issue? - Because it's really frustrating having to constantly change my TV's display settings back & forth every time I want to watch the Remastered G1 Eps.

I just watched season 1 disk 1. No problem for me, sorry, might be your gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Has anyone else found that the display ratio of the G1 Remastered Boxset is all skew-if?

I've found that with the 1st two discs at least, the menu's display correctly as they're designed to be in a 16x9 ratio, but the actual episodes (Natively 4x3) are being stretched to fit 16x9!?

I've assessed the my various settings between the DVD/Blu-Ray Player & TV and have determined it's definitely the DVDs because; when I play the older Madman Japanese G1 Complete collection DVDs, their menus are designed & display in 16x9 and the episodes too display correctly in their 4x3 format - all without changing a thing, setting-wise!

Has anyone else experienced this? - Is it a known production issue? - Because it's really frustrating having to constantly change my TV's display settings back & forth every time I want to watch the Remastered G1 Eps.
    I haven't watched it on the new widescreen yet, I'll try getting around to having a look some time this week and I'll get back to you.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I can't believe I just gave Madman money. I just got the Remastered G1 set from work. I really shouldn't give Madman my money since they are treating us so badly with Prime. Plus splitting the Armadaverse DVD's up into two seasons per series doesn't win them any love from me.
    Sorry Delta... not aimed at you, just using your quote

Question guys.... Why do people complain that armada and energon are getting split? The series are intended to be 2 parts, armada was changed half way to be TF:Armarda "The Unicron Battles".... Energon was the "Powerlinx Battles".... CYbertron was "primus unleashed"

Basically mid 52 episode season/ a year on the shelves, they "split" the series and recolour or upgrade as many major characters as they can...

Because it is not normal. If you want to buy a season of a TV show (say Star Trek) do you have to buy it in two parts? No, you buy the complete season.

Each series of the Unicron Trilogy is one season long, not two. A mid season cliffhanger or whatever doesn't make it two seasons. Also the US publisher is releasing them as a complete series.

Sure the toy lines split with that repackaging, but the anime and dubs didn't break half way through to rebrand: they were continuous one season shows, so the split of the shows seems forced and artificial.