Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers DVD/BR release details for Australia

Is there anywhere that they were originally announced as being two seasons? From what I remember of the official announcements (press releases and at BotCon), they were always noted or referred to as a single season/series, as they were always announced as one-off series/seasons of 52 episodes... and I've hardly ever heard of them being referred to as two (even by fans).

Even Beast Machines was a series of 26 episodes, screened during one Television season (Sept 1999 to May 2000)... but some (vocal) fans later split them up into two seasons, purely based on them seeing the standard feature of Hasbro adding a sub-title to their toy packs in their second year of most lines since Beast Machines, to help convince Retailers to stock the same toyline for a second year.

Battle for the Spark (Beast Machines), Unicron Battles (Armada), Powerlinx Battles (Energon), Primus Unleashed (Cybertron), Allspark Power (2007 Movie), Hunt for the Decepticons (2009 Movie), Movie Trilogy (2011 Movie), Beast Hunters (TFPrime), Energize (Rescue Bots)... even though some were incorporated into their applicable show/movie later, it was created just to sell the toys to Retailers first.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Is there anywhere that they were originally announced as being two seasons? From what I remember of the official announcements (press releases and at BotCon), they were always noted or referred to as a single season/series, as they were always announced as one-off series/seasons of 52 episodes... and I've hardly ever heard of them being referred to as two (even by fans).

Even Beast Machines was a series of 26 episodes, screened during one Television season (Sept 1999 to May 2000)... but some (vocal) fans later split them up into two seasons, purely based on them seeing the standard feature of Hasbro adding a sub-title to their toy packs in their second year of most lines since Beast Machines, to help convince Retailers to stock the same toyline for a second year.

Battle for the Spark (Beast Machines), Unicron Battles (Armada), Powerlinx Battles (Energon), Primus Unleashed (Cybertron), Allspark Power (2007 Movie), Hunt for the Decepticons (2009 Movie), Movie Trilogy (2011 Movie), Beast Hunters (TFPrime), Energize (Rescue Bots)... even though some were incorporated into their applicable show/movie later, it was created just to sell the toys to Retailers first.
    I feel Takara is to blame in part for the whole changing names and sub titles.

Fight Super Robot Lifeforms (G1 Season 1 + 2), Transformers 2010 (G1 Season 3), Headmaster, Super God Masterforce, Victory, Zone.

All Takara sub names for G1 series.

You need to think of television "seasons" as ratings periods or non ratings...

Here is a link to armadas original airing schedule, most of a series is weekly episodes, then both have a rush new episode daily to fit into the "block"

http://epguides.com/TransformersArmada/

Energon looks to be all over the place, but cybertron it's the idea perfectly with a 5 month gap...

http://epguides.com/TransformersCybertron/

Any issues are from a series being an import, but if you look at the simpsons, 22 to 25 eps a season, without the 3 part movies TFs usually have
    http://epguides.com/simpsons/

Indeed... the multiples of 13 seems to be from projects that are purely American, and even then, a lot of shows don't have an exact multiple of 13 anyway.
    But filler shows like kids cartoons wouldn't need to fit that format, as long as they have a minimum number of episodes to meet the network purchasing requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I just watched season 1 disk 1. No problem for me, sorry, might be your gear.
    But as I pointed out with a different although similarly formatted set, from the same show & distributor, it can't be the equipment as this is literally the 1st & only example of this happening on them.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I haven't watched it on the new widescreen yet, I'll try getting around to having a look some time this week and I'll get back to you.
    Cheers dude, I'll appreciate that - whenever you've got the free time do do it mate.

I asked Madman on twitter about any blu ray release for the remastered G1 series, but no response yet after a week. Seems to be a trend!

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    I asked Madman on twitter about any blu ray release for the remastered G1 series, but no response yet after a week. Seems to be a trend!
    There will be no Blu-ray release for G1, Japanese G1, BW, BM, RID or Unicron Trilogy. All those shows were mastered in 480i AKA Standard Definition.

There are some SD TV shows that are coming out on Blu-ray like Star Trek The Next Generation. But in order for SD TV shows to be converted to 1080p the show needed to be shot on film like a movie and then painstakingly remastered from that original film negative.

When Hasbro "remastered" G1 they basically just took the original 2.0 audio and put it on Rhino's previously remastered video and fixed up some of the more obvious, (but not all of them) animation errors.

TFA, Prime and Rescue Bots are all mastered in HD so Blu-ray is possible for them.

Transformers Animated Season Three Collection will be released on 21st May 2014 in Australia, according to Madman B2B web site.

The upcoming DVD release from Shout Factory in June 2014 looks like much better option though:
    Transformers Animated: The Complete Series

Hopefully it will be added to Amazon (USA) soon, since Shout Factory only ship to Canada and the USA.

May-21 Madman Transformers Animated Season Three Collection Sci-Fi / Fantasy G 325 mins MMA5397
    May-21 Madman Transformers Cybertron Collection Two sic-Fi / Fantasy G 625 mins MMA5395
    Recent Additions:
    Robosen Auto Converting Optimus Prime
    Incoming:
    Canon Optimus
    Wishlist:
    MP Jazz, MP Ricochet, MP Waspinator
    Selling:
    Lots, just need to sort it out.
    Looking For:
    Seige Cyberton upgrade Optimus Prime

Ooh so a box set of animated?