Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers DVD/BR release details for Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Ooh so a box set of animated?
    I'm still holding out for that Blu-ray copy of Animated since it was made in HD.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    There will be no Blu-ray release for G1, Japanese G1, BW, BM, RID or Unicron Trilogy. All those shows were mastered in 480i AKA Standard Definition.

There are some SD TV shows that are coming out on Blu-ray like Star Trek The Next Generation. But in order for SD TV shows to be converted to 1080p the show needed to be shot on film like a movie and then painstakingly remastered from that original film negative.

When Hasbro "remastered" G1 they basically just took the original 2.0 audio and put it on Rhino's previously remastered video and fixed up some of the more obvious, (but not all of them) animation errors.

TFA, Prime and Rescue Bots are all mastered in HD so Blu-ray is possible for them.
    ah ok thanks for the info

Not exciting news, unless you're a fan that's anxious to see Ironhide and Kicker again(!), but Energon volume one is indeed out at the shops this week. Saw it tonight at JB HiFi for the $45 or so price.

Jun-04 Madman Transformers: Prime (Season 3, Volume 1) - Battle for Darkmount Family PG 88 mins MMA4600

Jun-04 Madman Transformers: Prime Season 2 Boxset
    Recent Additions:
    Robosen Auto Converting Optimus Prime
    Incoming:
    Canon Optimus
    Wishlist:
    MP Jazz, MP Ricochet, MP Waspinator
    Selling:
    Lots, just need to sort it out.
    Looking For:
    Seige Cyberton upgrade Optimus Prime

I've always wondered, is the newer Madman re-mastered G1 set the same as the Shout set released in the US?
    I wouldn't mind getting the Madman set, but I refuse to buy it if it still has those lame "updated" sound effects from their first release.

Apparently they are the same as the new Shout Factory ones, but I don't have either to be sure.

Details of the full Season 2 TFPrime DVD set and the first single volume Season 3 DVD - both 4th of June, with just four episodes on the Season 3 Volume 1 DVD (they are really stretching out the last season if that is true, as previous volumes have 5 or 6 episodes).

I got the Madman version. The G1 episodes are the same as Shout Factory, so no Rhino sound effects. But there are a lot of animation errors in season one because it uses a mix of sharper looking but error ridden footage from the Rhino DVDs and the softer looking but less error ridden footage from the old UK DVDs. Not exactly the best remaster ever.

You do get the Shout Factory bonus features plus some Madman exclusive bonus features on the Madman version.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Apparently they are the same as the new Shout Factory ones, but I don't have either to be sure.

Details of the full Season 2 TFPrime DVD set and the first single volume Season 3 DVD - both 4th of June, with just four episodes on the Season 3 Volume 1 DVD (they are really stretching out the last season if that is true, as previous volumes have 5 or 6 episodes).
    that still only works out to be 3 disks, wasn't season 3 only 12 episodes long? or was it 16.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

13 episodes, plus the 3-part "movie", which they might release on its own.

Considering the price of individual volumes here ($20 each), and since they released the first two seasons as 5 or 6 episodes per volume (see first post), it should have been three volumes ($60) with 5, 5, 6 episodes.... not 4 volumes with 4, 4, 5, and 3 episodes ($80).
    I think they wanted the finale story on it's own disc, but it doesn't need it's own disc, as it isn't a new season, and follows on nicely from the 13th episode.
    That's like having Gen1 Rebirth released as a separate "boxset" to the other three seasons, instead of with the third season boxset.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    That's like having Gen1 Rebirth released as a separate "boxset" to the other three seasons, instead of with the third season boxset.
    Didn't they do that before it was all released together?
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)