Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gimmicks that you really enjoy

Mini-cons, I dunno there's something about them that makes me want to COLLECT EM' ALL!
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    Does that make his favourite gimmick sex changers?
    The word change in Latin (cambire) means "exchange," as in to trade or barter, not as in to shift shape. There are different words for "change" in Latin depending on context. If we're talking about "change" in a general non-specific sense then it's "mūtō" (which is where we get words like "mutate," "mutant" and "mutation" from). But in terms of shifting from one mode to another then we would use the Latin word "transformo" or "transformare." But in order for the "six changer" to make sense then I think that we would need to put the words in their dative and accusative cases respectively, thus we would have: Trānsfōrmātō sextum.

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I was too distracted - that photo shows the EXACT moment that... person who sat next to me snatched the Hot Rod I was playing with out of my hands
    Well that's just damn rude on any scale. I hope you gave him a double nipple crimp for his efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    Does that make his favourite gimmick sex changers?
    Pre- or Post- Op?

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    My favourite gimmick was the Unicron trilogy minicons. Some of the minicons themselves were very bland or uninspired but the idea of having smaller bots power up or unlock weapons and modes were good fun, plus the extra bot was always good. ..
    I could never get enough minicons. When I heard rid was bringing them back was thrilled. When I saw they didn't have minicon ports, gutted. I hope they bring them back one day.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Pure elegant transformation is always going to be my favourite gimmick as such.

however, I really appreciate good light piping, or just a well defined face (I refer again to Generations deluxe warpath which I seem to do a lot)

I did like the auto morph in some of the early movie toys (though some of them don't stand the test of time so well, my 86 Camaro BB won't stay in vehicle mode any more.) and I really liked the visual appeal of the Mech alive function in the following lines.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I'll go against the grain here and say Actionmasters lol. Loved their basic GI Joe action figure design, looking cool. And the later, hard to obtain transforming euromasters.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    I'll go against the grain here and say Actionmasters lol. Loved their basic GI Joe action figure design, looking cool. And the later, hard to obtain transforming euromasters.
    I remember the action figure craze of that era and all things considered Hasbro came up with a respectable effort.

They're still slag though

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
    Well that's just damn rude on any scale. I hope you gave him a double nipple crimp for his efforts.
    I was that flabbergasted by the level of rudeness I was speechless! Apparently I must have been taking too long figuring out the new toy so the person decided to just take it off me and transform it themselves.

Then considering the same person later cracked the sooks massively when their mate got a prize from Griffins bag that he himself wanted, and complained until the other person simply gave it to him, I should not have been surprised.

Anyway, enough digression from me.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    I remember the action figure craze of that era and all things considered Hasbro came up with a respectable effort.

They're still slag though
    I bought the ones that came with transforming vehicles when they came out but none of the individual ones as I thought it was just stupid to spend money on Transformers brand toys with no transformation. Now I'm an adult collector I try to pick the odd one up. Really want Snarl with Tyrannitron.

They must have been at least kinda popular considering how many Action Master specific characters have gotten Generations/CHUG toys

Targetmasters (Original & New) & Arms Microns, all time fav gimmicks
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Targetmasters, much like many other Binary-Bonding gimicks and unlike Headmasters, are fairly inoffensive gimmicks. If you lose the partner then you've only lost a weapon. And being all 5mm post weapons, you can easily substitute it. The core robot remains the same. Same with Powermasters, Breastmasters etc. - the core Transformer remains in tact and functional. Headmasters are the worst because their robot modes are useless without heads.

Nearly as bad are Brainmasters/Motorvators who of course are faceless without their partners. I suppose they can still be serviceable robots if you like your Transformers looking like freaking Ring Wraiths.