Page 117 of 183 FirstFirst ... 97107112113114115116117118119120121122127137 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1830

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

Bought a MP-11SW over a month ago for $350. But I will never recieve it as the train that it was on derailed in Kalgoorlie and the package 'is not salvageable' according to the courier company. I've been refunded but still peeved.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    Bought a MP-11SW over a month ago for $350. But I will never recieve it as the train that it was on derailed in Kalgoorlie and the package 'is not salvageable' according to the courier company. I've been refunded but still peeved.
    That's work-lingo for

"A dingo stole my Transformer"

But there isn't any consistent pattern of usage to suggest that it's a deliberate choice to represent this character's style of speech. The G1 Dinobots incorrectly switch the use of subject and object pronouns too, but it's done consistently, so it's evident that writers have deliberately done this to create the Dinobot's speaking mannerism. Language errors in the IDW comics appear to just be totally haphazard, which suggests that it's not intentional. I can deal with stylistic language mistakes in stories if it's done consistently to establish that character's idiosyncrasy.

Further linguistic discussion here.

Idiot Startrack courier dropped my package off at the wrong house! Luckily the kind people over there decided to call me to tell me about it!

Oh well, plastic crack hit tomorrow, rather than tonight...

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I think in my case it was a just case of incompetence on the courier's part as my address details were correct.

Plus your items could still reach you -- maybe give Startrack a call to confirm which address it's going to?

Quote Originally Posted by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!! View Post
    Plus your items could still reach you -- maybe give Startrack a call to confirm which address it's going to?
    StarTrack only operates on weekdays, so I can't do anything (except freak out ) until Monday.

StarTrack only operates on weekdays, so I can't do anything (except freak out ) until Monday.
    I managed to get my complaint call in before 6pm, so at least have that satisfaction, plus PC is going to raise the issue with StarTrack as well.

Just relax, it's still in transit and hasn't been delivered -- although after reading Omega Metro's tale of woe, i'd be more worried about the rain screwing up the delivery from QLD to NSW...

Guh... my PC whoas never end, although this time it's not PC's fault, but the courier's. Was meant to receive MP Ramjet today, but because the consignment arrived at the depot late, they're telling me that I won't get it until tomorrow. There must be some demon out there determined to stop me from ever punctually receiving any orders from PC. I call this demon Tardor*!

*tardus is Latin for "slow."

Guh... my PC whoas never end, although this time it's not PC's fault, but the courier's. Was meant to receive MP Ramjet today, but because the consignment arrived at the depot late, they're telling me that I won't get it until tomorrow. There must be some demon out there determined to stop me from ever punctually receiving any orders from PC. I call this demon Tardor*!

*tardus is Latin for "slow."
    It's more likely to be Astaroth, demon of laziness. Although Verrine, demon of impatience, may also be playing a role here...