Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496

Quote Originally Posted by fatbot View Post
    Seriously... they use Furby as a famous Hasbro product over Transformers...

On the subject, interesting. I don't know much on the financial situation of either though to comment on whether this is good or bad for Transformer product creation/development/sales.

That would be one messy marriage, with all the bad blood between them.
    And could that mean Hasbro adopting Mattel's production sources, which have been noted as less ethical than Hasbro factories (Hasbro's sources probably aren't the best either as they hop around the world looking for cheaper factories, but Mattel has been noted as being less concerned with their standards).

And prices would go up with action figures, dolls and boardgames, as they would have no real competition if they merged. Lego is their biggest rival, and they just do construction blocks. Lego is on a high at the moment, but their popularity goes through cycles, so they can't be seen as a direct rival to a merged Hasbro & Mattel.

If they were Australian based companies the merger would be blocked by the competition watchdog.

A merger between the two would either end up making an unbeatable toy manufacturer with a ridiculously high market share, or as Griffin said, the bad blood between the toy would end up destroying both companies and leaving a giant hole in the toy business that would be very difficult to fill with anything but Lego and cheap Chinese KO's.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I've always wondered what if Barbie's pink convertable was also a Transformer...
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

I'm thinking about Matty Collector. While it would be interesting for Hasbro to introduce a comprehensive subscription service for TFs (maybe for MPs?), it would probably mean all of the crap people get from Matty Collector would be visited on TF fans. Further, while I would wish for MOTU figures to be available at retail in decent numbers at an affordable price point, it probably means we'd also see a popular character released as a variant in every single wave sold.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Since they are both American companies expect possible formal objections not just from the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) but also politicians from the local level all the way up to the federal level. It's highly possible that if the merger is real it will be scuttled by formal objections.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    I've always wondered what if Barbie's pink convertable was also a Transformer...
    The Malibu Stacey one is

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    I'm thinking about Matty Collector. While it would be interesting for Hasbro to introduce a comprehensive subscription service for TFs (maybe for MPs?), it would probably mean all of the crap people get from Matty Collector would be visited on TF fans.
    Pretty sure Fun Pub was pretty good if not better then mattycollector at this, whilst not Hasbro themselves they were "endorsed"
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

I think this would be bad for toy collectors and parents as Hasbro and Mattel keep each other in check with their "competition". I can't think of another player in the toy market big enough to take on a combined Hasbro-Mattel company - certainly not in action figures or dolls. A merger would basically see HasMat coming up with their own price points and laughing all the way to the bank once they'd paid for the merger. Lego is a dominant player but really only exists in one section of the toy market and certainly not Action Figures, nor do I think they have the desire to go beyond their Lego based characters and franchises at the moment.

If Takara Tomy was allowed openly into the global Western markets beyond Asia in a real way that might lessen some of the profiteering that could go on, but as Hasbro and Tak-Tomy seem to have virtually the same franchising licenses I can't see that ever happening unfortunately.

eg. In the Hk market Tak-Tomy die cast cars ensure Hot Wheels and Matchbox have to keep their prices lower just to be able to compete.