Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NY Toyfair investor preview presentation

Default NY Toyfair investor preview presentation

Even though the main Transformers presentation isn't for another day, a preview presentation was given to investors and media today, detailing sales and strategies for the company across their brands.
    From that we get a few sneak peaks of products, and reveals of specific details, like...
    - a group image of some Generations toys (Hardhead, Sentinel Prime, Blaster and Fortress Maximus).
    - the Generations toys are labelled as the Prime Wars Trilogy (which I think has been noted before).
    - a better look at the new RID Power Surge Optimus toy.
    - the new Rescue Bots car character is called Quickshadow.
    - a new Rescue Bots playset and some new vehicles were shown.
    - the three current targeted demographics for their toys are "Preschool" at 3-5 with Rescue Bots, "Core boys" (still gender specific labelling) at 5-10 with RID, and "Fan" at 10+ with Prime Wars Trilogy.
    - Generations toyline now account for 30% of their Transformers sales, which is aimed at older fans, so it is possible to assert that older fans (the 10+ demographic) makes about 30% of their sales now.
    - An Asian CybertronCon is scheduled for 2016.
    - release dates of the next three Transformers movies - TF5 (June 23 2017), TF6 is a Bumblebee spin-off movie (June 8 2018), TF7 (June 28 2019).
    Last edited by griffin; 13th February 2016 at 06:18 PM.

Don't know if I'm reading into it too much but the pic of the kid identified as a "casual fan" has Blaster (presumably from the Platinum release last year) and the G1 technobots in it. Do I dare dream that they are going to do a Platinum release of Computron? Why would a young casual fan have a combiner released about 30 years ago?

Fort Max looks good.

lol at the guy who spotted a 3rd Party Devastator in the promo shots

Wow, the CW series isn't hitting until July? I was pretty hyped about this when it was first announced but its dragged on so long and without a lot of real info, that I'm losing interest in it pretty quickly. :/

Add that Windblade looks to be the main character and it just doesn't seem like its going to be very interesting. Combiner Wars is supposed to be about the combiners. Not a new character that Hasbro is trying to push hard.

I'd love to be proved wrong, but as is often the case I suspect the hype will far overshadow the reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    lol at the guy who spotted a 3rd Party Devastator in the promo shots
    Yeah I noticed that too

Quote Originally Posted by TAAUBlaster View Post
    Wow, the CW series isn't hitting until July? I was pretty hyped about this when it was first announced but its dragged on so long and without a lot of real info, that I'm losing interest in it pretty quickly. :/

Add that Windblade looks to be the main character and it just doesn't seem like its going to be very interesting. Combiner Wars is supposed to be about the combiners. Not a new character that Hasbro is trying to push hard.

I'd love to be proved wrong, but as is often the case I suspect the hype will far overshadow the reality.
    Did I read it correctly, only 8 episodes 7 mins each?

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    Did I read it correctly, only 8 episodes 7 mins each?
    You did. Makes it feel even more that it's going to be a let down. They would have been better off making it a 60min special OVA or something. They've already missed the whole CW tie-in window - don't see the point in dragging it out over 8 episodes now.

I thought we knew that already. That it was just going to be a web series.

I expected short eps like that GI Joe cartoon a few years back.

Yeah just had a look through the full presentation. That picture of the Chinese father and son is probably not the best shot for them to use. Third Party Devastator and Takara Tomy MP-9 Rodimus.

Also I noticed that growth in Australia is at 3%, anyone know if that's good or bad?
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.