Thread: Leader Class DOTM Megatron (new design)

Default Leader Class DOTM Megatron (new design)

Transformers Dark of the moon Megatron

heres my custom leader class megatron from dark of the moon (sorry for the late post)

This custom made Leader Class dark of the moon Megatron stands at 11 inches tall and is designed to fit
    perfectly with all other leader class figures. He has been scratch built to be as acurate to the Josh Nizzi concept art
    as possible. i took great care to build this custom with a sense of power and strength to acurately mirror his appearance
    in the film in addition to ensuring his rusted and damaged aspects were also represented. I wanted Megatron to be in keeping
    with the beautiful DMK-01 model kit so i really went overboard on the details, with sculpted 3d rust effects, pistons that expand
    and contract as well as wires, cables and lots of mechanical details that are hidden all over this design.
    Megatron is not just a base figure with extra bits glued on, he is absolutely unique as well as being very beefy and heavy.
    Megatron comes with his removable cloak which has been hand made and painted and holds its shape when removed, it has been created
    to look like it is blowing in the wind as it did in the film. Megatron also comes with his shotgun which is movie acurate,
    his shotgun can be held in his hand or stored on his back, as an added feature i have made his gun to fold up and attach to his arm to
    mirror his gen one appearance. Megatron also comes with the chains that wrap around his body which have been aged and rusted.
    His chains are completely removable and i have only shown them attached in a couple of shots to better show off his body detailing.
    Megatron is non-transformable.

His paint is very high quality and many days were spent applying his rust effects, dirt and dust to give a very realistic appearance.
    he was coated in crystal clear and dullcoat several times to make him very very tough.
    He is very posable and includes the following articulation-

-head is balljointed
    -shoulders ball jointed
    -elbows bend and arms rotate
    -wrist is balljointed
    -hands are extremely posable with all fingers on both hands being individually posable
    -ankles tilt and bend allowing for dynamic posing
    -hips are very posable
    -knees bend as normal
    -shoulder pads are individually posable and "wing" sections at the back of his shoulders are also posable
    -shotgun can be held in hand, stored on back or transforms to be attached to his arm as a nod to his gen one appearance.

he is up on ebay right now if anyone is curious. hope you like him

WOW! I want! Seriously, this is wicked.

Extremely nice! is there a reason why his head is a different colour to his body?

If only he could transform :P

He'd be a great display piece!

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi594 View Post
    Extremely nice! is there a reason why his head is a different colour to his body?

If only he could transform :P

He'd be a great display piece!
    Check out the cgi renders, his head is definitely a different color to his body, guess it's supposed to look like they took the head of his old body and put it on a new one??? Anyway it's a different color there ,so it is here too

Quote Originally Posted by Robot_art View Post
    Check out the cgi renders, his head is definitely a different color to his body, guess it's supposed to look like they took the head of his old body and put it on a new one??? Anyway it's a different color there ,so it is here too
    touche. Didn't notice that before. Perhaps the cloth has helped his head retain it's "youth/shine" from the sun's rays?

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi594 View Post
    touche. Didn't notice that before. Perhaps the cloth has helped his head retain it's "youth/shine" from the sun's rays?
    Lol that's fantastic...beauty accessories for the modern decepticon.

Jaw Dropping!
    That looks amazing, which seems to be your thing Robot_art , such stunning attention to detail and incredible textures; you've given this character some very deserved love man.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Jaw Dropping!
    That looks amazing, which seems to be your thing Robot_art , such stunning attention to detail and incredible textures; you've given this character some very deserved love man.
    Thanks a lot for the comments, I'm glad you like him. Bayverse transformers are not as popular as others and I think I missed the boat making this so long after the film ( hence the eBay price) but I really liked the character design in the film and I thought I should do at least one movieverse character and it sure as he'll wasn't going to be Q....seriously did that friggen thing have hair????? Anyway before I fly into a bay rage, thanks again

Just a quick note to say this guy is ending on eBay in less than an hour if anyone is interested in him, he is at a really low price too so you might grab a bargain