Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Classics 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Onslaught is not a borring Flatbed truck when he has a Huge BF twin Barrel canon on its back. It didn't have to be exactly the same as its G1 original but an update or modernisation of it or at least something that is clearly based on the original like Classics Grimlock.

Same character name and some resemblence but a complete reimagining not an update.
    I agree, though I think we have to reserve judgement a bit until we see the alt mode. Anyway, I just hope it's NOT the first of a Bruticus combiner set. I love the combaticons, but classics won't last forever and there's plenty more deserving G1 characters than the likes of swindle, vortex etc.

Anyway, I just hope it's NOT the first of a Bruticus combiner set. I love the combaticons, but classics won't last forever and there's plenty more deserving G1 characters than the likes of swindle, vortex etc.
    I think the rest of the Combaticons would be a waste, unless they combined to form Bruticus. Then it would be pretty cool, but maybe this would lead on to the Classics becoming a line with a longer life and we could have our cake and eat it too. Although I know that Hasbro usually manage to screw us somehow....

I'll say. I've never seen a Transformer line that didn't have a cartoon show or comic book to support it sell so well since Car Robot/early RiD (as the toys did come out here before the cartoon aired and before RiD a lot of people were importing CR toys despite never watching the animé) and Binaltech (not so much Alternators - they didn't sell as quickly and some did shelf warm). Having said that, a large part of the appeal of Binaltech and Classics is that they are based on memorable G1 characters. I would have to give Car Robot/early RiD more kudos as those figures were highly popular despite not being widely supported by a comic/cartoon and not being based on G1 (Super Fire Convoy is obviously a tribute to Optimus Prime, but not based on the same character).

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I'll say. I've never seen a Transformer line that didn't have a cartoon show or comic book to support it sell so well since Car Robot/early RiD (as the toys did come out here before the cartoon aired and before RiD a lot of people were importing CR toys despite never watching the anim?) and Binaltech (not so much Alternators - they didn't sell as quickly and some did shelf warm). Having said that, a large part of the appeal of Binaltech and Classics is that they are based on memorable G1 characters. I would have to give Car Robot/early RiD more kudos as those figures were highly popular despite not being widely supported by a comic/cartoon and not being based on G1 (Super Fire Convoy is obviously a tribute to Optimus Prime, but not based on the same character).
    Don't tell us, Tell Archer!
    ________
    Slow Deepthroat
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 02:24 PM.

I did (back when Archer was posting under the username Orion?). To Archer's credit, he took my criticisms of Universe with professionalism.

He used the name Orson on tfw2005.com, but some time later Hasbro had this big change of policy about direct public interaction with the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    He used the name Orson on tfw2005.com, but some time later Hasbro had this big change of policy about direct public interaction with the fans.
    Typical Hasbro to think that connecting with the customer base is 'bad'
    ________
    Fordl?ndia Specifications
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Typical Hasbro to think that connecting with the customer base is 'bad'
    I think it is. He's one guy. He doesn't represent Hasbro as large a position as he may hold. If you're part of the company, you need to be seen as part of the machine. Furthermore, posting on forums greatly exposes you to potential embarrassments and misinterpretations as the net, is the net after all.

It can be done if you act professionally - and although I don't always agree with Archer, I will agree that he was always professional in his dealings with the public and fans on forums. Other companies have staff members that interact directly with fans and fan Q&A on forums, e.g. Madman Entertainment, Wizards of the Coast (which is owned by Hasbro) etc.

Quote Originally Posted by iceburn View Post
    It mentions 5 new universe classics
    anyone knows the rest?
    Wasn't it mentioned ( well tentatively, i guess) during botcon last year they
    would be releasing like the lamborghini twins and Blitzwing in Classics 2.0. That would rock! I really hope they make the rest of the Dinobots....
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]