Thread: Unicron's new voice

Default Unicron's new voice

When I saw the second Hobbit film, there was a moment when I instantly thought of this scene from Transformers the Movie. Thought I'd combine the two to see if it works. And I think it does

If Unicron does show up in a future Transformers movie, I want him to be voiced by Benedict Cumberbatch.

Maybe mild spoilers for the second Hobbit movie but I think this dialogue is in the trailers, but if you're very sensitive watch this after you've seen that flick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vGIvoJksf0

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    When I saw the second Hobbit film, there was a moment when I instantly thought of this scene from Transformers the Movie. Thought I'd combine the two to see if it works. And I think it does

If Unicron does show up in a future Transformers movie, I want him to be voiced by Benedict Cumberbatch.

Maybe mild spoilers for the second Hobbit movie but I think this dialogue is in the trailers, but if you're very sensitive watch this after you've seen that flick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vGIvoJksf0

I think it could fit well, the voice just needs a little more power though. Then again might just be the quality of the audio(no offence), as I saw the movie and the voice was fantastic. Never even thought of slabbing it on unicron, but you got a +1 from me

Cumberbatch could modulate his voice down an octave to make it sound more booming if he needed to -- this is an example of his voice from another character, so he's not trying to sound like Unicron per se. But then again, John Noble who played Denethor in Lord of the Rings was Unicron in TF Prime, and I personally didn't think his Unicron voice was that good (sounds too "cartoony" to me). But he doesn't quite have that baritone/booming quality that Cumberbatch's voice has. <shrugs>

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Cumberbatch could modulate his voice down an octave to make it sound more booming if he needed to -- this is an example of his voice from another character, so he's not trying to sound like Unicron per se. But then again, John Noble who played Denethor in Lord of the Rings was Unicron in TF Prime, and I personally didn't think his Unicron voice was that good (sounds too "cartoony" to me). But he doesn't quite have that baritone/booming quality that Cumberbatch's voice has. <shrugs>
    I was excited when I saw John Noble was doing Unicron in TF Prime (being such a big fringe lover). Then I heard it. Was such a shame.