View Poll Results: POTP VOY Elita-1 - worth buying?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 56.25%
  • Only if (cheap or something else)

3 18.75%
  • No

3 18.75%
  • Not even interested

1 6.25%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Toy Review - POTP VOY Elita-1

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Could you, or anyone that’s done this, share some photos? Particularly the sticker-less jet mode?
    My photography stinks, but someone over at TFW did it -

The paintwork or mine is crisp, but some other folk's have got slightly fuzzy lines like this one - but honestly even then it's still heaps better IMHO.

To be honest, I thought since there were so many differences between this toy and how she looked in the G1 cartoon I wouldn't like this toy too much. I was pleasantly surprised that when I took her out of the box I found otherwise

Yes, her body doesn't look like the lithe agile G1 incarnation but I think for a new generation this version works very well. For an Autobot leader and the leader of the female Autobot contingent, I think a big bulky imposing body type works. She has relatively the same colour scheme as G1 and the same curves coming in from the sides of her chest (even if her chest is now even bigger than the mousepad I have of her ). I would have liked to see her have a big rifle rather than two small pistols though, though they work well on the jet mode. Her head sculpt is great!

With her alt-mode, once again I thought I would be annoyed that she wasn't a ground vehicle like in G1 but for a new generation it works. I think the mode works better for her than Starscream, as you can imagine her to be a Cybertronian jet which makes the jet more believable than as an Earth jet. And the Autobot femmebots were in sore need of a jet on their team, everyone else being either ground vehicles or helicopters.

So overall, while not G1 accurate and I'll admit to not being a fan of the stickers, I think this is a great version of the character for a new Generation, very good!

Finally grabbed her at Myer's sale. Held off for ages mostly because while I've had Chromia for years, I didn't fancy chasing down Moonracer and Firestar. But I finally saw and grabbed a retail Moonracer yesterday.

Anyway... I agree re the stickers, they're a bit ambitious and will peel easily. I would have prefereed the more Barbie-esque pinks that the G1 cartoon gave us, from a POV of G1 accuracy - but I can understand why Hasbro went down the crimson & salmon path they did - a $50 boy's toy in "girl" pinks may struggle to sell (even more than she has).

I didn't grab Starscream, but I can say I like this mould. She's something of a backpack-former, but doesn't feet like it since the plane mode doesn't have a lot of undercarriage junk.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    I didn't grab Starscream, but I can say I like this mould. She's something of a backpack-former, but doesn't feet like it since the plane mode doesn't have a lot of undercarriage junk.
    <shameless plug> I'm selling a POTP Starscream atm if anyone's still looking for one. </shameless plug>

Disappointing. I really wanted to like this figure, but the voyager Starscream is already so terrible there’s not much you can do to improve it. :/ Still has flimsy clown shoes for feet that come apart every time you try to pose her. Doesn’t feel like a solid figure at all. I think Elita & Starscream suffer from being shoehorned into a linewide combiner gimmick, but even the CW voyagers weren’t this bad.

That said, I do like her colour scheme and I especially love her headsculpts. I ended up swapping her head onto delicate warrior’s body (3rd party not-Arcee figure), it’s actually a pretty good fit, just needs a little custom work on the deco.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2