Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Australian Toyfair this weekend (4-7 Apr), we will be there, so post your Qs here.

Default Australian Toyfair this weekend (4-7 Apr), we will be there, so post your Qs here.

The Annual Australian Toy, Hobby and Nursery Trade Fair is on this weekend (Friday 4th to Monday 7th April) in Melbourne (Convention Centre), and provided there are no unforeseen circumstances preventing it, Paulbot, Demonac and I will be there to hopefully get some photos and info on the Transformers toys to be released in Australia this year.

The AUS Star Wars collector website gets in every year as media, so I contacted the organisors and asked if we could get in as well. They said yes, and I wanted to take at least one other person with me, to not be selfish, and in case there is someone at the Hasbro display refusing to still have anything to do with me personally (I don't want that to prevent you guys from getting photos and info, so Paulbot and Demonac can do the interviewing).

I'm taking my notebook/laptop computer with me, and hoping to do some live coverage Friday morning (we will only be there on the Friday), posting here with the news and photos (if we are allowed to by Hasbro) as soon as possible.

If we get to ask them questions, is there anything in particular you guys want us to ask? (we will probably give them a checklist of known upcoming items, to confirm/update what is going to be released here).

Post here your questions before the end of Thursday, and we will try to ask the Hasbro reps (if we get to see them).

So no Supa nova then........

You got a laptop????

All i want to know is future G1 stuff and homage G1 stuff?

TheDirtyDigger Guest

I know a couple of registered traders I was hoping to tag along with but I think the weekend is going to end up too busy.
    Good luck to you guys that are going...
    It will definitely be interesting and exciting to see what's coming out early.

have fun guys... and looking forward to the photos :P
    i think the other guy suitable here should be STL or Borgeman

benben2142 Guest

Unhappy

What about brisbane toy fairs,it's always got to be melbourne or Sydney, no fair

TheDirtyDigger Guest

It's a trade fair benben. Not open to the public so you wouldn't get in even if it was right next door to you.

There are a few things I would like to know, but I expect no answers for most of them.

1) What pricing will the Premium line get, regular Voyager prices, or are they going to bump them up stupidly high?

2) How long are we looking at for the Animated line? Will it be another year long line, only lasting till the '09 movie, or will it run alongside the movie, perhaps even outlast it?

3) What US toy exclusives will be available to what stores here?

4) What happened to all the excess Movie stock of Learning PC's Beamers etc?

5) Why does Hasbro still believe we should pay double the US price when the Australian Dollar is no longer worth $US0.50?

As I said, I expect to have no answers given, but I appreciate the asking!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Have they got another line in the works, something aimed at an older fanbase as the Transformer animated is really aimed at dragging in the younger audience to start a new and upcoming fanbase.

Bah! You guys should've let me known earlier. I had been asked if I wanted to go again (I went last year) but declined b/c it's quite boring going by yourself and all you have is looking at toys you won't be able to get for several months. But if I knew you blokes were going, I'd have made plans to go too. Bugger.

I have been there twice before, when alternators and armada were first around.
    The yellow alternators tracks got stolen so they lack displays now a days.

Would someone be able to pick me up some gundam catalogues? they're free at the stalls that distribute the kits. they're pretty to look at

And they usually don't like people taking photos. So do it while they're not looking!!
    Last edited by sifun; 3rd April 2008 at 09:47 AM.