Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Australian Toyfair this weekend (4-7 Apr), we will be there, so post your Qs here.

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
    152....iss all dose Americanos.
    I didn't want to mention anything until the hoopla had died down but this past 24 hours has made me think about how different people percieve the extra attention. I mean, all this international exposure has increased traffic 100 fold (or something like that) while at the same time I bet griffin's server surely felt the hit.

In another way, having all these guests having a looksee is akin to a tonne of people walking around your home. I mean, Ozformers feels like it's our second home (well, atleast to me it does ) & having that many people walking through it feels a little weird.

Please don't flame me guys but I'm pretty sure other people know what I'm getting at.

It's a double edged sword.

Extra exposure on international boards can help OzFormers reach those in its intended audience who may have neglected to notice, for whatever reason.

On the other hand, the board isn't really set up for the traffic generated by the international "hoardes" (so to speak).

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    Extra exposure on international boards can help OzFormers reach those in its intended audience who may have neglected to notice, for whatever reason.
    And I'm one of those who joined up because of that. I didn't realise this board existed till there was a link from seibertron.com way back when. from that point, i lurked for quite a while.

I don't mind the extra attention as long as it doesn't slow our board up i don't mind. it helps get us out there and maybe reach more Aussie fans like myself. All good. Plus it's temporary. Most folk won't come back as the convo here is pretty tight knit.

exactly its temporary

we are at the edge of the world after all

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    And I'm one of those who joined up because of that. I didn't realise this board existed till there was a link from seibertron.com way back when. from that point, i lurked for quite a while.
    I didn't realise any board existed and thought I was the one and only TF collector in the world until eBay seller, TurboNegro, pointed me at Ozformers.

Just glad I've found other freaks and angry loners to share my bizarre robot fetish with.

I love youse guys!

EDIT: Next year I'll make sure I take the time out to get the Toyfair one way or another and I promise to share whatever I pilfer.
    Last edited by TheDirtyDigger; 6th April 2008 at 05:46 AM. Reason: to keep it on topic

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
    EDIT: Next year I'll make sure I take the time out to get the Toyfair one way or another and I promise to share whatever I pilfer.
    I hope you're only kidding there. If anything were to go missing while we are there, or shows up later in the hands of one of our fans who was there, Hasbro would refuse us access every year after that. They take a big risk having non-retailers accessing their future product (it would have been easy to pinch something small), and I don't want to do anything to jeapordise this long term opportunity we have with Hasbro.
    It's not worth the risk to grab something that will be available in a few months time anyway.

Griffin i enjoy your coverage, cant wait if you do, your botcon coverage ^^
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I hope you're only kidding there. If anything were to go missing while we are there, or shows up later in the hands of one of our fans who was there, Hasbro would refuse us access every year after that. They take a big risk having non-retailers accessing their future product (it would have been easy to pinch something small), and I don't want to do anything to jeapordise this long term opportunity we have with Hasbro.
    It's not worth the risk to grab something that will be available in a few months time anyway.
    Uhhhhh yeah....I was just joking of course.

(oops)

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    ... I lurked for quite a while.
    So, you're admitting you were basically a stalker.

Reminds me of this kid in my year in highschool. Brad N_____ walked in this Female Teacher's footsteps around the school. Therefore his nickname became "Stalker".

Ah, Highschool was a fun time.

Demonac has been a member of OzFormers since the 1990s (attended meets, conventions etc) yet he only made a board account a few months ago - now that's serious lurkage! ;p