Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Unicron Trilogy DVD releases

Default Unicron Trilogy DVD releases

Madman Entertainment are releasing Transformers Armada DVD in the future, with season 1 around December 2013 I expect. Based on the upcoming covert art:
    http://www.madman.com.au/images/slic...ge/mma5381.png
    http://www.madman.com.au/images/slic...ge/mma5382.png

I expect Madman Entertainment have a similar deal to Shout Factory, and will release Transformers Energon and Transformers Cybertron on DVD in the future too.

EDIT: Updated links

Quote Originally Posted by Kirben View Post
    Madman Entertainment are releasing Transformers Armada DVD in the future, with season 1 around December 2013 I expect. Based on the upcoming covert art:

I expect Madman Entertainment have a similar deal to Shout Factory, and will release Transformers Energon and Transformers Cybertron on DVD in the future too.
    I never managed to pick up Armada on DVD so I would gladly buy it. I have Energon and Cybertron on DVD so I can miss those.

I will be very happy when we get season 3 of TF Animated.

Sold

Would like Cybertron on DVD.

Sorry to be a newb on Armada but never got a chance to see any.....what's the quality of the series? And what was its intended audience?

Quote Originally Posted by Gofigure View Post
    Sorry to be a newb on Armada but never got a chance to see any.....what's the quality of the series? And what was its intended audience?
    Opinions are mixed. Storywise: repetitive but better at the end, animation: poor. You can read some recent discussion about the series here (but SPOILERS!). It's aimed at a young audience, a wannabe "gotta catch em all" Pokemon series.

I'm ok with it being aimed at a younger audience. We (being myself and my 5 yr old) are nearing the end of season 2 generation one episodes and really need something else for him to continue his passion.....not super keen on showing him the 86 movie and moving on to season 3, for obvious reasons. Don't really want him to experience PTSD by letting him see his fave characters being unceremoniously killed off

Would love if they do release both energon and cybertron, have the first release of armarda. Come on Madman and bring us Energon and Cybetron!!!!

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Would like Cybertron on DVD.
    There is a Malaysian DVD release of Cybertron from about 5 or so years ago that is in English and is region free. Keep that in mind encase Madman doesn't get around to it in a timely manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofigure View Post
    I'm ok with it being aimed at a younger audience. We (being myself and my 5 yr old) are nearing the end of season 2 generation one episodes and really need something else for him to continue his passion.....not super keen on showing him the 86 movie and moving on to season 3, for obvious reasons. Don't really want him to experience PTSD by letting him see his fave characters being unceremoniously killed off
    It might be great for a 5 year old, but you might struggle. Quality-wise (animation, story, acting and dubbing) it's doesn't hold up to G1. But there's three kids as main characters (as well as their two bullies) who get to hang out with the Autobots, and some kid-friendly Transformers they "own" (skateboard, bike, push-scooter). And a common joke about the fights is that they mostly involve people holding each other fists and trying to push the other one over, so it's maybe not as violent as some other cartoons. There is some death towards the end of the series though. It's also worth noting that it's very much an ongoing story, rather than G1's mostly standalone episodes.