Thread: Malaysia toy suggestions?

Default Malaysia toy suggestions?

I'm on vacation in Malayia now and staying near bukit bintang in KL for two days. Anywhere to shop for TFs and Japanese hobbies in general around the city? Would love to get MP Wheeljack in particular. Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by doublespy View Post
    I'm on vacation in Malayia now and staying near bukit bintang in KL for two days. Anywhere to shop for TFs and Japanese hobbies in general around the city? Would love to get MP Wheeljack in particular. Thanks in advance!
    The upper levels of the midvalley megamall and adjoining midvalley the gardens mall are pretty good for toy/pop culture shops. I recommend a trip to VHOBBY if you're after jackie. They also have a decent number of department stores and a TRU between them.

Since you're already in Bukit Bintang, Sungei Wang Plaza and the Berjaya Times Square complex are pretty good. Visit Toy Garden in Sungei Wang.

I've also been told the 1Utama mall is the place to go for toys and hobbies but its in another part of KL. Never been there myself though.

i went to 1 utama and only saw masterpiece transformers at the Vhobby there.

I also went to sunway pyramid and only found masterpieces at the Vhobby there as well... so in short - for masterpieces look for Vhobby stores.

They also had quite a few gundam models - but didn't quite notice much in the way of Japanese anime figures, etc.

Thanks for all the info guys! Checked out toy Garden last night and it's pretty barren TF wise. Went to Vhobby at mid valley mall just now and indeed its a good place for Transformers. Unfortunately wheeljack sold out. They have all the new generations figures. bh deluxes on sale at RM100 for 3.

Existing topics with suggestions...

- May 2009

- February 2014 (most recent, so might be more reliable)

Thank you griffin for providing the links.

My hotel is walking distance to Times Square so checked it out before dinner. Graffiti toys now apparently only sell RC toys. But the XL toys on 7th floor has a good range of everything. Got MP wheeljack for RM180

If you have the time check this place out http://www.famitoy.com

+1 for VHobby at 1Utama at least, found some old reissues at clearance prices. They should be getting in the Hasbro Asia MP-10 rerelease soon - any chance you could bring one back for me..?

Thanks guys but don't have enough time to check out either one of these places. But all in all Im quite with my little haul during this trip

try upper floor in times square, a couple very good hobby stores there