Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: TF6 Bumblebee stand-alone film (2018) production news

A "casting call" has been put out, asking for time-period cars for using in the backgrounds of scenes - late 1970s to early 1980s cars, but specifically ones that are not coloured yellow, red, white or black. This might be to make sure that they don't clash with the "robot" cars in the shot, but that seems a little strange, it's not as if people are going to see yellow cars in the background and assume one is Bumblebee.
    This has led to speculation that the leaked photo of four cars of those four colours, could be actual movie (robot) cars, but we'll have to wait a while to see if that was true.

The shooting schedule is said to go from July 31st to November 15th, which is three and a half months. I think that's about the right amount of time for a smaller budget movie that isn't travelling around the world, and it gives them about 6 months in editing/post-production, to make sure it gets approval from test audiences.

And one of the producers, Lorenzo Di Bonaventura, has confirmed that filming is starting in a weeks time... and amusingly notes that since it is set in the 1980s, it won't be burdened by what happened in the 5 Michael Bay movies. He mustn't have been taking much of a lead role as producer, or couldn't follow the movies either, or else he would know that every single one of those five previous movies involved significant events that took place well before the 1980s. And each of those significant historical events can't be ignored in a 1980s movie or else there will be more contradictions that viewers will be too busy trying to process, to be able to enjoy it.

The first "big" name has been announced for the Bumblebee movie, but not big in the acting world - wrestler John Cena.
    (GIJoe has Dwayne Johnson... Transformers will now have John Cena)

Plus... the release date has apparently been pushed back by six months, to December 21st 2018.
    If true, it wouldn't be to give more time for filming, but more likely because it isn't considered a "big summer blockbuster" by Paramount, who would prefer a different time of year for this movie.

This will affect both Hasbro, and the production of the 7th movie.
    Hasbro will have an extra 6 months on the toyline (good for them), but won't be able to promote it at the annual Toyfairs around the world (between January to April).
    The 7th movie though could also be pushed back, as Paramount might not want production to start before they know how well the 6th movie does (if they want to pull the plug, or increase its budget).

From the link above, the premise of the Bumblebee movie suggests that Bumblebee will indeed take on the form of a VW.

The story is set in the year 1987, where Bumblebee finds refuge in a junkyard in a small Californian beach town. Charlie (Steinfeld), on the cusp of turning 18 and trying to find her place in the world, discovers Bumblebee, battle-scarred and broken. When Charlie revives him, she quickly learns this is no ordinary, yellow VW bug.
    And from this post, filming apparently started yesterday in America.

Hailee's character "Charlie Watson" has been shown off, as filming has now started.

The first photo of the film crew on set in a suburban street in San Rafael (California).
    Apparently they have also built the exterior of a house on a vacant block of land, so maybe it will be something they destroy in the film... as it would be a lot cheaper than destroying a real house.

I think it is so cool Bee is going to be a VW'ub!

Can't wait to take my son to see this, the regular flicks are far too graphic and long for him.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Can't wait to take my son to see this, the regular flicks are far too graphic and long for him.
    Not to mention the coarse language makes them completely inappropriate for kids.

A couple of yellow VWs have been seen on set... which should confirm the hints that Bumblebee will be back in his classic 1980s vehicle mode for this movie.

Plus a few other random photos from the filming location (not showing much though).

I feel like I should know better, but I can't help getting excited seeing Bumblebee as a yellow VW on set. It instantly feels familiar.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)