Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why can't we have another animated or FoC-style Transformers movie?

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    DC Direct to DVD animated movies have been remarkably successful and they are mostly made for fans/comic book crowds. I am pretty sure that the same audience that would play WFC/FOC would also be interested in watching a direct to DVD animated movie and be sizable enough to make it profitable Although it would not be anywhere near as much as a cinematic live action release but it would be totally silly to expect that sort of return for such a project.
    I reckon a direct to home video format mini-series based on Classicsverse would be damn awesome and viable too! Base it on the CHUGUR toy and set in the G1 cartoon universe -- ya know, like what they're doing with ReGeneration One, but in the cartooniverse (and using the CHUGUR toys). C'mon... who doesn't want to see Classicsverse in animated form??

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I reckon a direct to home video format mini-series based on Classicsverse would be damn awesome and viable too! Base it on the CHUGUR toy and set in the G1 cartoon universe -- ya know, like what they're doing with ReGeneration One, but in the cartooniverse (and using the CHUGUR toys). C'mon... who doesn't want to see Classicsverse in animated form??
    Simon Furman/James Roberts can do the screenplay and David Kane can voice Megatron, or perhaps Scorponok?

I have no doubt that a reasonably well made animated Transformers movie based on G1 characters would be a success - Several 'lesser known franchise' animated movies have already proven successful. However I don't think Hasbro would bother as it goes outside their narrow tunnel vision business plan and requires a bit innovation and thought.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I have no doubt that a reasonably well made animated Transformers movie based on G1 characters would be a success - Several 'lesser known franchise' animated movies have already proven successful. However I don't think Hasbro would bother as it goes outside their narrow tunnel vision business plan and requires a bit innovation and thought.
    Kup - did Hasbro come over to your house and kill all your pets this year?

Kup, the Transformer, has the persona of a cranky old man - I'd say he's just in character
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]