Page 31 of 82 FirstFirst ... 112126272829303132333435364151 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Tonight on one of the 7 network channels we have the Street Fighter Movie, while on one of the 9 network channels we have the Mortal Kombat Movie.
    Two movies based on arcade games on rival networks on the same night... how weird.
    Nearly 30 years on, still fighting it out

Street Fighter Animated movie is still the best!
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Handsprime View Post
    Who cares their terrible movies anyway
    Yes, they are... but I thought it was amusing, and bizarre that the two competing fighting arcade game movies from the 90s were both on the same night, on competing networks.
    They are certainly not good enough to have one station noticing the other playing one and thinking that it would be a great idea to compete with the rival movie.
    I mean... Kylie Minogue in an action movie along side Van Damme. And a supporting cast that looked like they were reading off cue cards to not be able to how to act in their scenes. That movie was completely cringe-worthy (not helped by Capcom's demands and the requirement to have one Australian actor by the Australian Actor's Guild). At least MK was watchable (not the sequel though).

It's sad to see that both movies made huge profits, SF earned almost 3 times what it cost, while MK earned over 6 times what it cost.
    Maybe SF inspired Michael Bay, to know how to make a profitable movie no matter how bad the script and acting is, as long as there are lots of explosions and fighting in it for the masses.

One good thing about MK though, is that it features the voice of Frank Welker as the Emperor (who sounds like Dr Claw), and Kevin Michael Richardson (the voice of TFPrime Bulkhead).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    At least MK was watchable (not the sequel though).
    Now how is that film unwatchable?
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Quote Originally Posted by Handsprime View Post
    Who cares their terrible movies anyway
    *They're*

Mortal Kombat is a great movie.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    *They're*

Grammarlity?

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    100% agree. Lost count of how many times I've watched it. The scenes with digitised Reptile are a bit cringe worthy though.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    100% agree. Lost count of how many times I've watched it. The scenes with digitised Reptile are a bit cringe worthy though.
    Johnny Cage vs Scorpion. Great fight scene
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRyZ6qgZE0Y
    This fan video edit portrays Christopher Reeve as Superman and Henry Cavill as essentially Bizarro. Pretty well made.

Some people have been openly critical of the new upcoming $5 note which has a more garish colour scheme but also includes more tactile markings which enables people to feel what kind of note it is without looking at it. I personally haven't cared either way, as long as it's legal tender it'll do its job.

But here's something I didn't know, and I think it's something that people ought to be aware of before they proceed with criticising the design of this note. It was designed by a blind Aussie kid. So next time you see/hear someone having a whinge about this note, feel free to remind them of their sighted privilege. How dare we become a more inclusive society!

P.S.: the garish colours would actually make it easier to see for some blind people too. Remember that there are different degrees of legal blindness. Some people are completely blind, while others are nearly completely blind. It is people in the latter group who rely on bright colours.

So people actually have money in their wallets long enough that they care about what it looks like?