Page 105 of 195 FirstFirst ... 8595100101102103104105106107108109110115125 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1943

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

FatalityPitt Guest

Reading the trading card I got from PotP Shrapnel - "Quintus Skrapnel: Revives fallen allies by jumpstarting them."...

Seeing pictures of PotP Quintus Prime as Bludgeon (a skeleton)...

... Starting to sense a bit of a "Necromancer theme" around this Quintus Prime..

Quintus is Latin for "the fifth" and in Ancient Rome it was a common given name for fifth born sons. Not sure if this means that Quintus Prime was the fifth created, but the ordinal numbers in Latin are:

I: Primus = 1st
    II: Secundus = 2nd
    III: Tertius = 3rd
    IV: Quartus = 4th
    V: Quintus = 5th
    VI: Sextus = 6th
    VII: Septimus = 7th
    VIII: Octavus = 8th
    IX: Nonus = 9th
    X: Decimus = 10th
    XI: Undecimus = 11th
    XII: Duodecimus = 12th
    XIII: Tertius decimus = 13th

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Quintus is Latin for "the fifth" and in Ancient Rome it was a common given name for fifth born sons. Not sure if this means that Quintus Prime was the fifth created, but the ordinal numbers in Latin are:

I: Primus = 1st
    II: Secundus = 2nd
    III: Tertius = 3rd
    IV: Quartus = 4th
    V: Quintus = 5th
    VI: Sextus = 6th
    VII: Septimus = 7th
    VIII: Octavus = 8th
    IX: Nonus = 9th
    X: Decimus = 10th
    XI: Undecimus = 11th
    XII: Duodecimus = 12th
    XIII: Tertius decimus = 13th
    Would make sense if Quintus was the fifth Prime.

I read on the TFwiki that he's somehow related to the Quintessons. The Quintessons each had five faces (like the G1 Cartoon story arc 'Five Face of Darkness').

Apparently Quintus Prime is notable for being the Prime who values living creatures the most and has a high regard for life. Which might explain why he can bring people back from the dead (as suggested by PotP Skrapnel's card). If I collect more PotP toys with Quintus Prime cards, I'd see the bigger picture - or I can just wait to see the Quintus/Bludgeon Primemaster when it's out

Still, if he values life so much, it's a bit odd that he's a disguised himself as Bludgeon.. or is it??

(the most pro-life Transformer disguised as the Decepticon who looks most like the Grim Reaper)

EDIT: AHA! I won't need to collect all cards after all to see what each combination does. Ever wonder what a Solus Beachcomber does; click here:

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Prime_Master/Combinations
    Last edited by FatalityPitt; 24th February 2018 at 01:43 PM. Reason: added link

I'd like to see a remould of CW Ultra Magnus as an "Evolution" release - keep the trailer part as is for the most part, maybe add a few pegs for the xMasters to chill on, but replace the cab entirely with a bot that transforms - can be deluxe size if we make the cab the width/height of the trailer (as the cab is pretty small in comparison now)

I think it could work nicely...

Going by retailer release dates all the currently revealed and previously leaked POTP toys will be on store shelves somewhere in the world by mid year. So hopefully we won't be too far off a press release for the full wave 4 and maybe 5 and 6.

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    I'd like to see a remould of CW Ultra Magnus as an "Evolution" release
    Definitely doable considering that Perfect Effect made an Ultra Magnus cab upgrade that can transform from cab into a deluxe (maybe closer to voyager) sized robot as well as combine with the trailer.
    Google "Perfect Effect (PE) PC-17" (or "Perfect Effect (PE) PC-16" for the PM OP cab) for images.

It would be interesting to see what Hasbro could do, if it would be anywhere near as good as the upgrade kit, because if it was it would have the advantage of being half the price (because CW UM + PE upgrade = $$$) for a decent UM.
    Plus, well, I'd like at least a reissue as I still dont have a CW UM myself lol, so redoing it with a transforming cab would be icing on the cake for me

Yeah it was the PE release that gave me the idea, and standing him
    Next to PotP Rodimus.

Would be cool if they gave him a Minimus Ambus titanmaster for a head too

Transformers whose alt mode was a submarine? I know there was a minicon but what about an Autobot or Decepticon (other than Nickel.)

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    Transformers whose alt mode was a submarine? I know there was a minicon but what about an Autobot or Decepticon (other than Nickel.)
    Energon Sharkticon (and subsequent repaints). He’s described as being adept at underwater combat, and his alt mode looks more sub than boat.

I think TFA Depth Charge is supposed to be somekind of sub too.

There’s also gobots dive-dive haha
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

There was that Autobot in The Last Knight but I don't think he has a name.

My go to when I think of submarine robots is also one of the Machine Men (as I had a KO version of him as a kid).