Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cybertron Con 2016 announced for China in July

I've been a bit busy over the weekend, so am still catching up on posting up news from all the conventions this past week.

At least all the good stuff has already been posted on the other various News topics.

A new commercial for Titans Return was shown, with someone's recording of it here.

One other news item though is another China only online game for Transformers, this time simply called "Transformers: Online"... and as expected, it was being promoted at the Cybertron Con in China, with some images and videos here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    If anyone is interested in following our adventure at Cybertroncon we'll try our best to post some real time pics on instagram (titzkiwi) and twitter (@lisamareec) which Ozformers are welcome to use or post here as I won't have direct access to the boards.
    Just adding in the links to all your drool-worthy photos for others - instagram & twitter.

Glad you had a great time Bladestorm! I look forward to your write-up
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I've been a bit busy over the weekend, so am still catching up on posting up news from all the conventions this past week.

At least all the good stuff has already been posted on the other various News topics.

One other news item though is another China only online game for Transformers, this time simply called "Transformers: Online"... and as expected, it was being promoted at the Cybertron Con in China, with some images and videos here.
    They had a whole area set up for this game. It's a first person shoot-em-up and it looks AWESOME. Unfortunately it looks like it might be a China only thing - not even those of us in HK seem to have access to it. I do have some photos on my camera from the gaming zone which I hope came out to share in the coming week.

You got to meet Peter Cullen! Soooooo jelly!!!!!! Glad you had an awesome time Stormy!
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

I'm so happy that you had a great time and got to meet Peter Cullen, twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    The con wasn't as large as I expected. For those who went to the Macau TF Expo back in 2014 - about the same size as that. It also wasn't as crowded as I expected. I turned up an hour before opening on the Saturday and we were 40th in line.
    I think it was probably smaller than it should have been due to the last minute nature of its announcement, and being almost impossible for non-Chinese to get tickets to it.

I find it amusing that you were 40th in line an hour before opening... if you were at BotCon and lined up an hour before opening, you'd be about 500th.
    It just goes to show how small it was, and how much wasted potential Hasbro had with this one. Here's hoping that this isn't what they are likely to do with their new American Transformers conventions.

First of my videos from the event: Walk around of Fortress Maximus

Please don't be too harsh - it's my first outing on YouTube and my daughter insisted it come under her channel and that she be allowed to do the ad-hoc commentary. I also apologise in advance for the shakiness in the videos, it can't be helped.

More to come as I process photos and videos.

Glad you and your Daughter and a great time Bladestorm. I'm going to check out your videos when I'm not at work
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Today we have a few photos of Peter Cullen and the goodies I got signed by him.

I know some of you will find me eccentric but he was totally worth the expense of the trip (and much cheaper than trying to get to OZ or the US).

Saturday:
    Peter first came out on stage as part of the "live feed" to Michael Bay on the Saturday morning. He didn't talk, just hyped up the crowd by being there.

Peter talking with his MC/translator.
    He then returned later on for a 1/2 hour panel and was gobsmacked by the crowd I think. It literally swelled into aisle and out into surrounding areas with everyone cheering him on.

He was also somewhat awed by the way the translator was able to take what he said and quickly and concisely explain to the audience in Mandarin. It was a little odd though that some of his jokes had a "delayed" reaction.

At his panels he gave many of the stories we've heard before, particularly about Larry and the audition process. He talked about Frank Welker and his antics in the recording studio. He talked about the differences between voicing film, tv and games and his preference for TV. He talked about a show called Mighty Man and Yukk - the first show he ever did with Frank. He talked about the challenges of voicing Optimus and Ironhide at the same time and gave a fabulous dialogue between the two. He also explained that Optimus never laughs and did a number of his iconic Prime lines. On the Sunday he talked about languages and how amazing it was that he was in China where he didn't think most people understood him and yet everyone was there to support him and said "I love you guys" in Mandarin.

On the Saturday they initially opened the floor for questions. One woman asked a question but the MC was a bit horrified, reluctantly translated for Peter and Peter seemed just as horrified and they decided no more questions from the floor and moved on to something else.

Saturday also saw Peter presented with a birthday cake and we sung Happy Birthday to him in English and then Mandarin. He was very humbled and taken aback.

Here we are meeting Peter. It was simply awesome.

Peter signed MP Ironhide for my daughter and 2002 NY Optimus for me. And yes - before anyone freaks out his signature is upside down on Optimus and I LOVE it.

I've written a blog post about meeting Peter on the Saturday if people want to read more on it.

Sunday:
    We had pre-booked tickets so had to use them up. We took a more relaxed approach and arrived about an hour after the con had started. We discovered Peter was giving another panel and decided to stay and watch it.

Whilst he covered a fair bit of what he had said the day before (the MC was under the assumption most people in the audience were not there on the Saturday but then realised about 1/3 the crowd had returned to see Peter again) there were some slightly different things said.

"Hold on to your dreams..."

Now, our plan was to wander through the con one more time and head back to the hotel to go out to the airport HOWEVER I noticed the line for Peter Cullen was only about 20 people long. I went to the ticket counter to ask and apparently they'd released extra tickets for the Sunday as he'd gone through so many people on the Saturday. I (maybe crazily) decided to get another ticket and meet him one more time. This time I got a Cybertroncon Optimus poster for him to sign.
    In the line we were told he would not put names on anything, just his autograph.

In the background that is just ONE of his security team and as you can probably tell they weren't messing around with ANYONE. He had a swath of security where ever he went.

Being the cheeky kiwi girl I am I said "I know you're not supposed to but could you PLEASE put 'To Lisa' on this one?" He laughed, smiled and did it while saying "But don't tell anyone else in the line I did that for you" in a joking manner.

As there were fewer people in the line he wasn't quite as rushed and I got to talk to him a bit more until his translator cut us off with "times up!" and ushered me out while he was still talking to me.

I'm going to frame the poster to hang somewhere around my Prime Shrine.

I've got his panel videos but they're going to take me some time to process as they're 25 minutes long each and mighty large files but I will post them up at some point for those interested.

Interesting interview summaries (via Planet Iacon).

Shogo Hasui summary:

1) The process of designing Transformers:

a) Discuss with Hasbro to decide on which characters
    b) Deciding on the parts of the figure, weight, packaging etc.
    c) Discuss with Hasbro on transformation details.
    d) Developing the characters' alternate mode and robot mode.
    e) 3D modeling and designs.
    f) Keep on rectifying the product, from data to physical prototype.
    g) Rectify some parts and put on colour.
    The most important part will be the design plan

2) Personal favourite self designed products:

1st Combiner Wars/Unite Warrior Devastator
    2nd Masterpiece MP-17 Autobot Prowl
    3rd Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy/Optimus Prime

3) Currently our design team mainly focus on Titan Returns series, also known as LG series in Japan. Shogo is one who designed the Sixshot.

4) The scale of MP: Make reference to some the official information and animation

5) Shogo mentioned the Masterpiece design team are considering to work on Masterpiece combiners. There is no plans for Masterpiece Metroplex

6) Every year there are discussions on Masterpiece Megatron version 2 or Galvatron. We do consider these two characters. However i am not in the Masterpiece design team, i cannot provide further information.

7) Shogo wasn't sure when he will be returning to Transformer Masterpiece design team. He appreciated for your support.

We want to thank the Transformers fans and collectors for their support in our Masterpiece products.

We will keep producing more popular characters in the MP series, Stay tuned.
    Yuki Hisashi summary:

1) Currently developing TF5 toys

2) Product quality will not like before (poor quality & too complicated in transformation), at least on the surface won't have reduction in quality

3) We do not have enough development funding, we try to overcome through other ideas.

4) We have not started to develop MP Victory Leo

5) Nemesis Star Saber and Victory Leo are not in the plan at the moment

6) I hope to develop MP Super Ginrai, however there is no plan at the moment

7) Currently Kobayashi Hironon is leading the design of Masterpiece

8) Transformers are design by Japanese and American teams. We design products that are suitable for our market. Hasbro designers design products for worldwide markets, so please don't compare our design capabilities

9) There are no 3rd parties in Japan. I am not sure 3rd Parties are beneficial for the brand

10) If funding allow, we would like to design a better TF 4 AOE Optimus Prime. However sometimes we are restricted by many factors

11) We design MP based on 3 factors: a) whether the vehicle need to get license approval b) develop products in the same series c) listen to collectors opinions

12) Beast Wars Masterpiece will depend on the popularity. If are doing well, we may develop other characters

13) Currently we focus on developing G1 and Beast Wars characters for the Masterpiece. Other series may consider in the future

14) we don't feel masterpiece qualities are deteriorating

15) we really keen to do masterpiece combiners. However we are still not sure whether we can make it to acceptable quality at the moment

16) Hasbro is handling China Transformers market. Takara Tomy mainly focus on Japanese market. We hope Chinese collectors support our products, and through Hasbro, feedback to us your opinions in order we can make better products

Very nice Bladestorm.

What did the woman ask that was so horrific to the translator and Peter?