Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Walmart Gen1 reissue fan vote

Default 2020 Walmart Gen1 reissue fan vote

There is a fan vote on who is next to be reissued.

Options are Perceptor, Astrotrain (purple), Thundercracker and Skywarp.

All have been reissued in the last five or so years. So no new moods discovered or recreated. Oh and Hot Rod is now 50% off clearance pricing on Walmart.com

Edit by griffin...
    Hasbro announced a fan vote on facebook and instagram with two rounds - Perceptor Vs Astrotrain and Thundercracker Vs Skywarp. The winner of those two pairs will then face off to give us the reissue that will come out in the first quarter of 2020 (our Autumn).
    Voting seems to be very short and rushed, with just a matter of days for each vote... as if they need to suddenly start production 15 months before it gets released (March-April 2020).
    It is also odd to have it appear that there will be just the one reissue, over a year later (maybe there will be others released with this one, and this is just Hasbro's way of making us feel like we have a say in what gets released).
    Last edited by griffin; 16th December 2018 at 06:28 PM.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I voted for Astrotrain since his last release was with the funky colours.

I will vote for Skywarp.

Then if it's up between the two of them I'm not sure who I'll pick.

Hopefully it's a scenario where they release 2 this wave.

Still cranky that it's Wallmart exclusive.

I really hope they produce something that hasn't been done since G1, even if it's not perfect and needs some reverse engineering from a toy to get there.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I'd love to see a reissue of Astrotrain in his original TOY colours. We've had Astrotrain reissued in his variant Japanese G1 colours (black and white) and prototype/catalogue colours, and then those weird random colours... but not in his original toy colours. At least, not since the 90s reissue.

Spring 2020!?!?!?....and Astrotrain won only to take on the winner of Skywarp/Thundercracker.

they can’t be serious.
    Last edited by griffin; 13th December 2018 at 07:43 PM. Reason: obscenity removed

bowspearer Guest

How did Perceptor even make it this far? We only got the Intel-Ops Team release a few years ago and short of giving the figure a G1 face, I don't see how they could improve on it.

Quote Originally Posted by danny-boy View Post
    Spring 2020!?!?!?....and Astrotrain won only to take on the winner of Skywarp/Thundercracker.

they can’t be serious.
    Perhaps they already have some characters lined up for 2019. I doubt we'll have to wait till 2020 for more G1 reissues given how popular this first wave has been.
    Last edited by griffin; 13th December 2018 at 07:43 PM. Reason: editted quote

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Perhaps they already have some characters lined up for 2019. I doubt we'll have to wait till 2020 for more G1 reissues given how popular this first wave has been.
    Yeah hopefully. Spring 2020 for one reissue is strange given how well the others sold (except hot rod).

https://youtu.be/SMFiQ-Auj3M

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post

Personally, from the wording and promotion of this by Hasbro, I get the impression that the fan-vote is for the next batch... which would just be two toys this time... and as some people have noted, these have all been reissued already - one very recently. It would make it more exciting to have at least one that hasn't been done.... like the JP Dino cassettes.

I'm actually more annoyed that they are making fans vote choose between Skywarp and Thundercracker, preventing people from having the three Seekers (for those who are new to the original series toys and just got Starscream earlier this year). It would be like being asked to choose between two children (if you had two or more)... Starscream needs both of his wingmen.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I'm actually more annoyed that they are making fans vote choose between Skywarp and Thundercracker, preventing people from having the three Seekers (for those who are new to the original series toys and just got Starscream earlier this year). It would be like being asked to choose between two children (if you had two or more)... Starscream needs both of his wingmen.
    Dirge is the obvious choice, anyway

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister