View Poll Results: POTP DLX Dinobot Slug - worth buying?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 90.00%
  • Only if (cheap or something else)

1 10.00%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not planning to get it

0 0%

Thread: Toy Review - POTP DLX Dinobot Slug

Default Toy Review - POTP DLX Dinobot Slug

(Please post comments, photos or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just some brief details to start you off)

Dinobot Slug
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Power of the Primes
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - 1
    Released here - January 2018 (Asia & America DEC 2017)
    Approximate Retail Price - (probably about AU$25-35) US$17
    Approximate Size - 14cm?
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode - Triceratops
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Combiner limb
    Main Colours - Grey, red, bronze, black
    Main Accessories - gun, combiner fist

Last edited by griffin; 7th March 2018 at 08:27 PM.

Nice, if simple. The transformation is a simplified G1 transformation. He's more poseable, of course. Much of the engineering is geared towards combining (something I couldn't care less for), so Slag himself is fairly simple - but he works. I'm happy with him.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Got Slug today, overall I'm impressed and the size doesn't bother me as much as I thought. Cartoon Slag is my favourite G1 character, so this guy was a big deal for me to get and he's pretty much everything you need for him.

Sword would be nice but isn't the end of the world, as is my desire for a red head. His head is cast in red plastic, so the paint can always be removed for a cartoon (better) look.

Slug has me pumped for the other dinobots and I think I might display them in dino modes after all. Now to find a Swoop and Grimlock.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

A very simple, straightforward deluxe although mine came without instructions and I hope that won't make the combiner aspect of transformation a chore.

I sympathize with Bidoofdude about a lack of melee weapon but at least he comes with a firearm which is more than can be said for Grimlock.

Really happy with Slug. The joints on my copy seem to be nice and tight, too. A second weapon would be good, but one is better than nothing at all.

Is the deco on each of the lower legs a sticker or tampo?

I can't get over the lack of neck in dino mode. His frill is so tight to the body i wonder if he could look up.
    Overall though, I do like the figure. Love how his heels pop out when you twist his dino legs going into bot mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbolt View Post
    I can't get over the lack of neck in dino mode. His frill is so tight to the body i wonder if he could look up.
    Too G1 accurate, eh? This is why I still quite like a lot of the earlier Classics figures including Classics Grimlock (hence why I'm skipping POTP Grimlock). There's something to be said about the early CHUG toys being more creative in making bold new designs that were still immediately recognisable as the characters that they're meant to be. But then people whinge about how those toys didn't look similar enough to their G1 designs, so this is really Hasbro meeting consumer demand. I personally love Classics Grimlock but I know a lot of other people who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Too G1 accurate, eh? This is why I still quite like a lot of the earlier Classics figures including Classics Grimlock (hence why I'm skipping POTP Grimlock). There's something to be said about the early CHUG toys being more creative in making bold new designs that were still immediately recognisable as the characters that they're meant to be. But then people whinge about how those toys didn't look similar enough to their G1 designs, so this is really Hasbro meeting consumer demand. I personally love Classics Grimlock but I know a lot of other people who don't.

You mean Grimlock or Slug? I didn't get any dinobots bots aside from sludge as a kid. So I'm really glad to finally have a representation of all of them. But i can't help but look at slug a think there is something a bit off.

I meant Grimlock. I quite like Slug^Slag. I think the main thing that looks weird to me is the significantly smaller head in proportion to its body. G1 Slag had a much larger head. Other than that POTP Slug is pretty slavishly G1 accurate.