Page 393 of 467 FirstFirst ... 373383388389390391392393394395396397398403413 ... LastLast
Results 3,921 to 3,930 of 4670

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Depends on the game. Sometimes content is baked into the core game download either from day one or added in a patch and you purchase a key to unlock it, but sometimes it's a completely separate download.

Best way to tell if DLC is part of the main game install is from how big the DLC is. Around 10-15mb or less and it's likely built into the game.

Most devs are putting the DLC into the main game files these days just for compatibility reasons, especially if the game has online components.
    This was 45mb and unless there were patches to fix bugs its alot for three extra models.

Anyone know how to unlock the ? model in batman knight?

Not sure what platform you are on but I think you're confusing a patch (update) and DLC. All of Arkham Knights patches are pretty big (some over a gigabyte) and the last patch for the game was released over a year ago and weighed in at over 600mb. Those are rolled into the main install of your game on most platforms.

If you are seeing a separate file of 45mb then that will be DLC and not a patch. 45mb is actually not enough for costumes in this day and age, it's probably a key to unlock something in the up to 55gb that make up the install of Arkham Knight (though a key should only need to be 10mb to 15mb). I'm guessing you either bought some DLC for it digitally or entered a download key that came with a physical copy and forgot.

Best way to find out how to unlock a specific item in any isn't to ask here, we are not a large enough community. Just goto Google and search for the information you require. For example if you wanted to know how to unlock the Lamborghini Aventador in the 2012 remake of Need For Speed Most Wanted you would Google "NFS Most Wanted 2012 Aventador Unlock" and you will find videos and forum post with the information.

so Destiny 2 is a bit of fun, upto lvl 13 I think, just collected the Vanguard.

After a couple of work around attempts I managed to get my Steam Controller working nicely, and the game is pretty well optimised - handles 2560x1080 with "High" settings + a few other options switched on with my GTX 960 very well - usually around 50-55fps. A decent port for a change in that regards.

Haven't done much in the multi-player side of things, maybe once I've finished the campaign.

So Nintendo says it has shipped 7.36 million Switches and 1.7 million SNES Classics as of the 30th of September. So things are looking rather good for Nintendo.

Would have been nice to know how many Switches have been sold not shipped though. But you can bet almost every single SNES Classic shipped has been sold.

Also just watch the Last of Us 2 trailer. That thing is way too dark and brutal for me to enjoy.

I can't quite figure out what EA are doing with the Star Wars license to be honest. They're more than 3 years into a 10 year exclusivity deal and have released a single game, though I will grant you that Battlefront 2 is due in 3 weeks. Aside from that they've only got two other Star Wars confirmed projects on the go at the moment - the action-adventure that just got taken off Visceral and an RPG neither of which are due until 2019. Surely you'd think they'd be pumping out the releases hard and fast given that the popularity of the movies and the franchise as a whole peaked in 2015 and seems to be gradually declining from GODLIKE to STANDARD MEGA HYPE.

I think the lack of service has annoyed me doubly in that there are so many different genres to canvas in that universe as well - first person shooters, third person shooters/action adventures, racing games, flight combat games, role playing games and real time strategy games.

There's a fantastic detailed read on Kotaku at the moment about how the Visceral Star Wars game collapse was partially because the whole thing was a mess. A lot of damning content there for EA's management of the project.

I guess I'm just yearning for more of the games that were so seminal to me as a child and young adult - Rogue Squadron/Leader, Podracer, Jedi Knight/Academy, KOTOR1/2, The Force Unleashed, Galactic Battlegrounds, Shadows of the Empire (!!).
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

You're not wrong ay. I hated Battlefront. It was a stock standard mostly online game. I don't have time for those kinds of games, so wasn't paying a monthly fee to PlayStation Plus to hardly use it.

Instead, I bought a lot of the old classic SW games from GOG, now to find the time to play them hahaha. Buying Xwing and Tie Fighter gives you the option to play which ever of the 3 versions that was released which I find great

Found out what was wrong. The stupid thing was trying to download multiple updates to most of the games at the same time! I stopped that and its all good now

So I just got a delivery from Toll. I wasn't sure what was inside because it was a really heavy package and the only two things I was expecting was my HLJ order and a replacement body for my Xbox One Elite Controller that was getting replaced under warranty.

Turns out that even though Microsoft said to remove everything from the controller including sticks, paddles, dpad and battery door they sent me back a complete brand new Elite Controller in retail packaging.

So the only cost to me was for a box from Australia Post and in return Xbox covered all shipping and sent me back a brand new $200 controller. Not bad service at all.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post

So the only cost to me was for a box from Australia Post and in return Xbox covered all shipping and sent me back a brand new $200 controller. Not bad service at all.
    It's easier (and cheaper) to replace rather than repair for little things like that - happens a lot with camera gear, especially the waterproof stuff.

Back in the day of the old iRiver portable music players, I had an old iHP 140 that had it's headphone jack come loose, so I sent it in for warranty, and got a full, retail package of the replacement H340 arrive a week or so later.

Played some of Need For Speed Payback. If you like Need For Speed like me then you will probably enjoy this game despite some aspects of gameplay feeling aged but otherwise there's nothing here to win over new audiences.

I didn't see any microtransactions for in game items, but going by some of the systems in the game I bet EA was intending to add microtransactions at some point in development.