Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Map of Cybertron

That's a great question. My feeling is yes but I can't think of anything in particular that proves this. Given that no Transformers have been shown to be freaking out when it got dark on Earth I think they know of the concept of day and night. For most of the Marvel Comics Cybertron didn't orbit a star so they wouldn't have days and nights. Cybertron's often shown with a dark night sky which maybe could be explained by a similar atmosphere to Earth (?) except that humans are able to wonder around and breath normally on the planet.

They have nights and day in Cybertron, thats how they based their computation for their time measurements,1 solar cycle - 1 day, but since the planet is massive and in a degraded orbit , the days and nights are much longer, hence the translation to earth hours for their hours is much more - don't have my vol#8 of DW MTMTE for G1 TFs here but its in there for those who have the comics - time measurement and earth equivalents.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    They have nights and day in Cybertron, thats how they based their computation for their time measurements,1 solar cycle - 1 day, but since the planet is massive and in a degraded orbit , the days and nights are much longer, hence the translation to earth hours for their hours is much more - don't have my vol#8 of DW MTMTE for G1 TFs here but its in there for those who have the comics - time measurement and earth equivalents.
    Hrm... are you sure? I've got my MTME #8 in front of me and I only find reference to

1 breem = 8.3 Earth minutes = 1000 Astroseconds
    1 vorn = 83 Earth years

In War Within #1, the story begins with daylight as we look onto Iacon. In hte Dark Ages, there appears to be sunlight b/c the sky is heavily orange when Springer and co. engage the Ultracons. But never really do we have an explicit reference to day and night on Cybertron.