Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JP United Artfire?

Default JP United Artfire?

Two online stores have listed pre-orders for a JP United Artfire, but don't have too much else in terms of details (what it looks like, or when it is being released).
    They've listed a product code (UN-32), but could TakaraTomy really be planning to release a regular edition Artfire toy at about the same time as the Million Book exclusive edition is released (scheduled for December)?

I can understand Hasbro or TakaraTomy releasing a version of an exclusive released in the other company's market, but "competing" or devaluing the limited edition figure they are producing themselves, seems a very strange.

It's hard to rule anything out when it comes to Transformers toys, but this is certainly one thing that will need to be watched, as fans would probably love to have a more affordable version of United/Classicverse Artfire, after how expensive Stepper ended up being.

Aaaaaaaahhhhh?!?!? This after I've already pre-ordered my Generations book and Artfire toy (and I've already purchased the JPY to pay for it). United Artfire has costed me $71... so if a regular store release version comes out for say approx. $45, then it feels like I would have 'wasted' $26 on an overpriced Voyager. Even if the regular version doesn't come with the Mini-Con... $26 is way too much to pay for a Mini-Con!

It's odd... with lesser known obscure characters like Stepper and Artfire, one would think it'd make more sense to release them as limited exclusives rather than flooding regular retail shelves with them and risk having them shelf warm as kids and casual collectors look at them and think, "Who's that?" I never agreed with the decision to release Gentei Thundercracker, Skywarp, Thrust and Dirge was limited exclusives - I reckon they would've sold as regular store releases - but I was understanding of the decision to release lesser known characters like Artfire and Stepper (who are even obscure to most Japanese fans) as limited exclusives.

I'm not bothered by the fact that my exclusive Artfire won't appreciate as much, because I don't intend to sell it... I'm bothered by the fact that I could've saved $20-30 by skipping the exclusive and getting the regular version! HasTak did the same thing with Thundercracker, Thrust and Dirge -- people who got the BotCon or Gentei versions, when the Generations versions came out -- while glad for people who missed out on the previous versions, must've been miffed about paying extra for the BotCon/Genteis. I know I felt that way when Generations Thundercracker came out -- which I bought, because Gentei Thundercracker suffers from mould degradation (I should've kept Classics Skywarp too; I was too hasty in selling him after getting Gentei Skywarp).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

I can understand Hasbro or TakaraTomy releasing a version of an exclusive released in the other company's market, but "competing" or devaluing the limited edition figure they are producing themselves, seems a very strange.
    Since the merger, Tomy is gradually proving to be 'another Hasbro' in the way it handles Transformers, specially when it comes to fans. Releasing another slightly different Artfire would not surprise me.

More Artfires = INcreased opportunity of acquiring the mould = Good enough for me

The real question is will it be detrimental to future limited releases with people deciding to hold off waiting for a regular release? Another question is will the very people doing the limited releases decide to stop because people don't buy their version anymore?

At this point we really don't know what's going on here. Time will tell if it's another Botcon/Gentei Seeker scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by From TFSource
    TFsource wrote:
    Although we don't have a picture yet, we have some details from Takara Tomy on the differences in the Million Publishing vs. United Artfires.

We have learned a little more on the Million Publishing vs. United Artfire details! Coloring will be different, Million Publishing will include two partners, Nightstick and Sparks, the UN version will include one, likely "Nightstick" but that is not for sure. The million publishing version will be limited, UN-32, will not. There may be more differences such as packaging, etc. If you want to change your preorder accordingly, please email customercare@tfsource.com now, so that we can modify your order!
    http://tfsource.com/products/view/product_id/4225/
    http://tfsource.com/products/view/product_id/4693/

Pictures of the Million Artfire can be found below, no picture on UN-32 yet!
    http://millionhero.jp/tfg2012/artfire.html
    http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...erences/25135/

To me, this sounds as if both Artfires will essentially be adequate representations of the characters but with differences. Therefore those differences are likely to be similar to how Botcon'07 Thundercracker differs from the Generations Thundercracker release - Both are good representation of the character but they are different.

It seems to be more about if you want the extra Targetmaster or not.

Thats alright then as I can keep one sealed and open the cheaper one

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

Quote Originally Posted by valkyrie_76 View Post
    Lies, You open a Transfomer

Quote Originally Posted by valkyrie_76 View Post
    Good thinking. Solved my conundrum.