Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: (JAN-2013) Hasbro Gen1 Characters - Best and Worst

Default (JAN-2013) Hasbro Gen1 Characters - Best and Worst

Who are your favourite characters in this series, and why?
    Either as Toys or in their fiction, what has drawn you to love certain characters?

Which characters were disappointing or under-used?
    Who would you have liked to have seen more of in this Series?

Starscream and Soundwave were always my faves, everyone loves a scheming or brooding bad guy

Either as Toys or in their fiction, what has drawn you to love certain characters?
    Giant robots that transform into things and have personalities, whats not to be drawn to

I think Sideswipe was always underused over the series

Some of the larger bots that sprung up at the end

Megatron Guest

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Megatron, Starscream, Shockwave, Soundwave, Jazz

Why? Not because of any particular thing about them that I can put my finger on and say, "these are my favorites for this reason," but because they have a certain je ne sais quoi about them that appeals to me personally - an intangible quality that makes them distinctive or attractive.

First in their fiction, then as toys as well. See above.

I wouldn't say any were disappointing, other than to be under-used. Too many characters with not enough screen time - one of G1's main let downs. Jazz, Prowl, Ratchet, Bluestreak, Sideswipe, Sunstreaker, Elita-One, Hound, Cliffjumper... to name just a few Autobots, and there were also many Decepticons I'm sure, including Shockwave.

For me, definitely Jazz and Shockwave.

Hasbro G1

Pretty much all of them. I grew up with the cartoons and not the comics and all the characters were very quirky and unique.

hmm.. the g1 toys were done very well and had top notch alt modes, the robot modes... well you know. the cartoons gave them character.

All of them. They were disappointing that they weren't used more. Each character had the potential to be awesome. They had their own personalities, weapons and special abilities that sadly weren't used to great effect. Especially support characters that popped in to help out and then weren't heard from again for a long time.

All of them.

Starscream - he sounds like my other fave character of that era- Cobra commander hehehe - that's coz it's the same guy . The scheming , backstabbing, 2nd in command is a very interesting character. He even survives death hehehe and cameos all the way to Beast wars... though voiced differently

Soundwave - cmoooon it's Soundwave, with all those minions and that synthesizer voice. it's the reason I got hooked, plus it's my first ever official toy.

Devastator- The first and the original is always the best in gestalts

Shame Thunderwing and Bludgeon never got airtime at all in the toons, not even cameos coz the toons were dead by the time the toys are the ones on offer.
    The dinobots during the early seasons were awesome, then they turned into comedic relief after the movie ( Snarl was missing in some scenes too) so that was a bit of a dissapointment. Would have been nice if these powerhouses stayed like an elite team feared by the decepticons.
    I would've liked to see the Monsterbots more, they were just like comedic relief as well in the Jap series, not the fearsome warriors they ought to be.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Favourite character: Shockwave
    Favourite toy: Beachcomber
    Most disappointing character: G1 cartoon Fortress Maximus
    Most underused character: Thundercracker
    Who I would have liked to have seen more of: Hubcap, Powerdasher, the Omnibots and Time Warrior

Favourite characters: Optimus, Megs, Prowl, Starscream. (I must have been sitting right on the 50th percentile of demographic surveys!)

Fave toys: Again, these four. Optimus transformed from a king of the road truck into a king of the battle robot with piercing yellow eyes and his own roller (or sometimes other car) launching battle deck. I loved the clever engineering and Police design on Prowl and what kid didn't love the sleek fighter jet design of Starscream. A kid at my school had Megs an like Prowl, I loved the clever engineering.

Most disappointing: I remember being disappointed when Reflector disappeared from the cartoon after only a few episodes without explanation.

See more from: Daniel Witwicky . No, not really. It would have been good to see more of Wheeljack in the cartoons

-Optimus - my hero! Everyone's hero!
    -Sky Lynx - always had a certain admiration for someone with pure self confidence and is not afraid to show it (though maybe he was more arrogant lol)
    -Starscream - responsible for half of the interesting plot points

-Thought Tracks was a great looking toy and the same with Inferno. They had interesting personalities in the cartoon as well.
    -Warpath - great toy and a funny character, now a total hardass!

-Windcharger - he has magnetic powers! Why was he never throwing enemy bots around or making missiles turn around in mid-air?
    -Punch/Counterpunch - could have made for an interesting character, and had the worst cameo appearance ever!

-Dirge - would love loved to see him doing some freaking out of humans with his sonic powers
    -The female Autobots - cool characters that were pretty much a one off.

Soundwave of course, because he was cold and silent and had his minions heh

Same as above. I love the cassettes.

Snarl, he went missing in the movie lol

More Shockwave

Who are your favourite characters of the series, and why?
    Shockwave, Grimlock, Soundwave, Thundercracker, Blitzwing and Galvatron- All badass

Either as toys or in their fiction, what has drawn you to love certain characters?
    Seeing them as a kid on TV definitely had the most impact on liking them in the future

I would say most of the other Dinobots and Thundercracker

Who would you have liked to have seen more of in this series?

Shockwave, the Dinobots, Skywarp and Thundercracker. Maybe some of the less-known minibots as well.