Thread: Star Wars: The Black Series 6 Inch Emperor's Wrath Darth Vader Review

Default Star Wars: The Black Series 6 Inch Emperor's Wrath Darth Vader Review

(I think this is going to become a regular occurence )
    Packaging:

As far as I can tell, this is the standard Black Series 6 Inch Figure Packaging. It has a really nice piece of artwork on the front of Vader with electricity running through him, with his right hand cut off. The inside of the box is red, and apart from the clam-shell there was nothing else inside it. Inside the box Vader is not tied down by anything, although his cape is through a hole and his lightsaber is in an awkward position to get out. Be careful when removing the lightsaber, as the blade might pop off and you might lose it. This happened too me but I found it (phew ).

Instructions:
    He has none. (Because he doesn't need it)

Accessories:

He comes with his lightsaber, which the blade of which is removable from the hilt, and his right hand is removable.

Figure:

He is really nice in hand, and is awesome. At first I thought I would be put off by the purple translucent helmet, but it actually looks really good! It has excellent light piping, and underneath the helmet, if you look really hard you can see Vader's skull getting eletricuted.

Only one of his hands can hold his lightsaber, the right one, as the left is molded into a Force Grip kind of look.

As I said before, his right hand is removable as per the scene in Return of the Jedi when Luke amputates his hand. It secures nicely, but still manages to come out easily, through a little peg. When the hand is removed, there are some nice paint apps made to look like wires on his wrist. Because of this gimmick, this hand doesn't have the inward/outward motion of the left hand, but still rotates.

His cape is made from cloth.
    Articulation:
    Now this is what I'm talkin' about. None of that 5 points of articulation s##t, we got 20! He has articulation in: neck, shoulders, elbows, wrists, waist, hips, thighs, knees, and ankles. As I said before the inward/outward rotation of the right hands isn't there, because of the removable hand gimmick.

Size Comparison:

Overall: This guy is awesome. I know some people wouldn't want to pay full retail for this, because it's not 'normal Vader', but for $35 at Big W, this is certainly a good pick-up. The Black Series seems to be the equivalent of 'Masterpiece' for Star Wars, and for $35, you are getting all the pros of a Masterpiece Transformer, at just over the price of a deluxe.
    There is nothing holding Vader back.

10/10
    Last edited by UltimateGalvatron; 27th December 2015 at 09:08 AM.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

I think it's stupid (No offence intended) But think the purple head looks ridiculous. Such a waste.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    I think it's stupid (No offence intended) But think the purple head looks ridiculous. Such a waste.
    I thought that too but in hand it looks a lot cooler. Everyone has their own opinions though.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    ^Completely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    ^Completely agree.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I still think this guy is awesome.