Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: POTP Monstructor: Monstructor

Default POTP Monstructor: Monstructor

I forgot how god-awful Grimlock's torso mode is. I've tried an alternate configuration, but the left arm won't stay up. I'll try adding paint/clear nail polish to the joint.

I do think the limbs look good.

The face is from a Transformers/Marvel crossover Hulk. The bottom half of the helmet is Skyshadow's. The top half is from POTP Inferno's combiner head.
    Alas it doesn't fit in the torso bot, so it has to be added separately. I was so close....

It needs something to bulk out the waist/stomach. I've seen where people have used the HFGs to do that, but that's using the standard configuration which I don't like because it puts the sholders too wide apart. Ah well, job for next year.

Hey looks fantastic snaketales!! But I must admit... I just don't know about the head? I appreciate you can only work with what you have though

D'oh... pushing the torso legs together makes it a bit more proportional

Quote Originally Posted by TaZZerath View Post
    Hey looks fantastic snaketales!! But I must admit... I just don't know about the head? I appreciate you can only work with what you have though
    Thanks for the comments... yeah the head is a bit out there. I was stuck for combiner head options though, like you guessed. My thinking was the head looked emaciated/skeletal, in keeping with Monstructor's "touch of death" in his TFwiki profile. It also helped set him apart from the other gestalts.
    I know OTCA member Kelvinchang used a Primus head for his version a few years back.
    However, inspiration struck while I was doing this response and I'll be calling on someone else's expertise.....

Quote Originally Posted by snaketales View Post
    D'oh... pushing the torso legs together makes it a bit more proportional
    Yeah MUCH better from a stance and proportion perspective

Loving it! I’m a huge fan of boldly and brightly coloured bots, and this fits the bill - will look amazing on display. Fantastic work.

Looking forward to what comes next...

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Maybe the 6th member can be a headmaster/ titan master instead?

That’s an idea... I’ll check my Titan master spares, thanks

Yeah it is a good idea bar the size difference. In looking quickly perhaps Nightbeat, Skytread or even Sawback might give that dead/scowling look with a bit of repaint if you have those? The biggest issue will be the head size relative to the helmet (which I think still fits)

Good luck!

M-Bot kindly supplied a cast of the Galvatronus head - many thanks!

It's a bit off-model from the G1 head, but it's by far better than my previous two attempts.

Fun tidbit: I cut the helmet horns off, then decided I wanted them back so sculpied some on, then cut them down again. It's a smidge too big to tuck away in Slog's robot mode, but by that stage I had had enough.