Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hasbro AU Questions?

Quote Originally Posted by Saintly View Post
    perhaps an online petition against Hasbro might help? get some signatures then send them
    They usually don't do jack :/

I'd say a community email would be best.

IMO, Australia really needs something like a collectors club "or something along those lines".
    We can't. Fun Publications owns one of the few international TFs licenses with their collector club and convention licences.

As again, this is just IMO of course
    "Just" had a thought has anyone tried contacting Hasbro (US), even to at least explain the problems we are having....
    Tried that as well, at two different BotCons, with the various important Hasbro people there. (or at least, they listened to my concerns, but *claimed* they would follow up on it)
    I'll be hassling them again this year though, as it's one of the things I look forward to each BotCon now. I'll give them a hard copy of my questions this time to help them remember though.

like i said just add all the usernames or first names of members of this forum at the end of each correspondents.
    I'd have to get permission from each person on the email/petition before I could include them. And besides, Hasbro know about us here, and have a read from time to time (to make sure we are behaving).

I also have to keep in mind that we are only one of three significant fan communities in this country, so I don't want or expect special treatment as the largest community, just some respect and decency from them to at least send some sort of reply - even if it is to say that they can't give an answer. I send probably 1 or 2 emails a month to them, so it's not harassment, and each one is a serious query. Maybe I should send a complaint in about their unsatisfactory level of customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    We can't. Fun Publications owns one of the few international TFs licenses with their collector club and convention licences.
    How the heck, did that happen.....
    "especially" when we have nothing like a club in Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Tried that as well, at two different BotCons, with the various important Hasbro people there. (or at least, they listened to my concerns, but *claimed* they would follow up on it)
    I'll be hassling them again this year though, as it's one of the things I look forward to each BotCon now. I'll give them a hard copy of my questions this time to help them remember though.
    Thanks Griffin

Maybe someone/few people should say....
    "We are here and We are waiting" while giving them something, with signatures on it.
    Sorry couldn't help myself
    Last edited by G1Optimal; 11th February 2008 at 05:19 PM.

Hasbro reported a 25% in global sales ..... ozformers to them is chump change
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

Quote Originally Posted by autobreadticon View Post
    Hasbro reported a 25% in global sales ..... ozformers to them is chump change
    Sorry
    I didn't mean it by, just Ozformers alone.

do you mean it by an increase of 25% in global sales/profits, because that doesn't sound right?
    Last edited by G1Optimal; 12th February 2008 at 06:49 PM.

Well here is a response from Hasbro Australia, I went ahead and emailed a couple of questions and got a very quick reply from them.

Hi Fraser

Once a year at Toyfair we present our product range to retailers, it is generally up to them as to what products we import into the country. If they (K-Mart Etc) do not wish to range the product, then we do not carry it for that year.

We are terribly sorry that it is sometimes not possible to bring the complete range of Transformer figures into Australia .

The situation to date has been that the small size of our market (from a global perspective) has prohibited us from bringing in the less desirable figures - from a regular consumer's point of view. This is particularly relevant to the figures which are made available later in the range - as most regular consumers have already bought all the Figures they intend to by now!

Our figures are imported in assortments, the makeup of these assortments is decided in the USA. So - instead of now ordering only the new figures, which we have not yet received, we may receive 2 new figures only in a case of 6 - which leaves 4 old figures on the shelf too.

I'd like to thank you for your correspondence, and assure you that we do take on board your concerns, understanding that this can be frustrating for a collector such as yourself.

Transformers Animation toys may be in Australia in June - July, but we have nothing definate yet.

As I said above it was a very quick response and as you can see helpful as well as very polite. I have no complaints with Hasbros communication because they more than covered the questions I put to them.

We send em an email b4 they release their stuff

and beg them to send the ones we want

then we have a mass hunger strike outside epping offices

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    Hi Fraser

Once a year at Toyfair we present our product range to retailers, it is generally up to them as to what products we import into the country. If they (K-Mart Etc) do not wish to range the product, then we do not carry it for that year.

We are terribly sorry that it is sometimes not possible to bring the complete range of Transformer figures into Australia .

The situation to date has been that the small size of our market (from a global perspective) has prohibited us from bringing in the less desirable figures - from a regular consumer's point of view. This is particularly relevant to the figures which are made available later in the range - as most regular consumers have already bought all the Figures they intend to by now!

Our figures are imported in assortments, the makeup of these assortments is decided in the USA. So - instead of now ordering only the new figures, which we have not yet received, we may receive 2 new figures only in a case of 6 - which leaves 4 old figures on the shelf too.

I'd like to thank you for your correspondence, and assure you that we do take on board your concerns, understanding that this can be frustrating for a collector such as yourself.

Transformers Animation toys may be in Australia in June - July, but we have nothing definate yet.
    I don't weather to be happy with the response, or sad with what was said...

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwarp View Post
    Lets cut them away and only order bulk lots from the USA and save money!
    maybe, we should consider it.
    Last edited by G1Optimal; 12th February 2008 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    then we have a mass hunger strike outside epping offices
    Hasbro are in Eastwood.

Enjoy your Channel 7 Sydney hunger strike

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

On an unrelated note (just out of curiosity) who wrote that email? Was it Khourry?