Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast

Thread: ... I would have waited an eternity for these...

These are amazing. I've always love the cassettes and I had no idea there was these incredible ones I'd never heard of. Is there a link/source to check out about cassettes? I can't wait to see the last one! Thanks for sharing. The only sad part is that I will probably never get my hands on these beautiful pieces.

EDIT: oh and the link to ioffer I posted has an asking price of AU$1,400 and it looked in rubbish condition IF it was even a real TF. As was stated, you can't trust that site.

Dino Cassettes!!!!

HD, awesome stuff as always. Looks like you are very close to completing your g1 list. What will you do after? Boxed diaclones?

Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    Awesome stuff there HD and its much appreciated that you take the time to photograph these rare items for the world to see otherwise alot of us wouldnt get to see these in all there glory
    No probs there, I love photographing these little critters!

Although I suspect that the world is going to see a lot of these because they are ALL getting KO-ed. I am so so glad I got the real things before the KOs hit the market if not I'm never going to get them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    As I was unaware that these guys were produced before the Hasbro released Combining Cassettes, I can now see that the Dinos are a stepping stone or design prototype and hence I now view them differently (Cheers for the info by the way Goki) and I've now got a better appreciation of them.
    I certainly prefer their independent Dino modes though as they are spectacular for their sheer size.
    True, true, I think they were the 'first generation' of combining cassettes.

Quote Originally Posted by theheretic View Post
    These are amazing. I've always love the cassettes and I had no idea there was these incredible ones I'd never heard of. Is there a link/source to check out about cassettes? I can't wait to see the last one! Thanks for sharing. The only sad part is that I will probably never get my hands on these beautiful pieces.

EDIT: oh and the link to ioffer I posted has an asking price of AU$1,400 and it looked in rubbish condition IF it was even a real TF. As was stated, you can't trust that site.
    Seriously? AU$1400 for something in such deplorable condition? Yeah, can trust iOffer and also can't trust M.O.T.

Last one will be out in a moment....

Quote Originally Posted by gdmetro View Post
    Dino Cassettes!!!!

HD, awesome stuff as always. Looks like you are very close to completing your g1 list. What will you do after? Boxed diaclones?
    After that, I concentrate on my project with Ultra Magnus (the member here, not the toy). Actually, I'm concentrating on the project now.

Default Operation Combiner TF-04: Guard City MIB unused

this is #6 of 6....

Needs no introduction, one of the key characters in the very last Transformer chapter before G1 ends and G2 begins, Operation Combiner TF-04: Guard City.

This is the second best one I found so far (a previous one was better but the shop-keeper wouldn't move on price and so I passed, too expensive). This time, he gave me a HK$1200 discount and the overall price is good.

Better than most that I've seen online... heh.

Photos!

made in China... hmmm

Fire Chief

Fly-Up and Safety

Streetstar and Sparkride

Unused sticker sheet...
    Last edited by heroic_decepticon; 21st June 2011 at 09:01 AM. Reason: added "before G1 ends and G2 begins"

Things of beauty. I've never heard of these.
    Wish I had your hunting skills.

My god HD your acquistions are jaw dropping

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    I'm with you Gamblor - Isn't that set supposed to be ridiculously hard to find even by HD standards?

Amazing, simply amazing...
    Congratulations HD, you must be one hell of a happy camper after this haul mate!

Quote Originally Posted by LordCyrusOmega View Post
    Things of beauty. I've never heard of these.
    Wish I had your hunting skills.
    Briefly, this guy is.... (from TF Wiki) Guard City (ガードシティ Gādo Shiti) is a high-ranking Autobot warrior, who commands the Micromaster Six-Teams in their defense of Earth. His arch-nemesis is the Decepticon combiner Battle Gaia.

He is the 4th of 10 Transformers at the very tail end of the Japanese Transformers line. After that G1 ends and G2 begins (more of less).

Notes from TF Wiki: As part of the very last Transformers series in Japan for several years, Guard City is remarkably hard to find on the secondary market, and demands some heavy prices, despite the similarities to Defensor.

TF Wiki linky

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post

(there could be one or two epilogues...)

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    I'm with you Gamblor - Isn't that set supposed to be ridiculously hard to find even by HD standards?

Amazing, simply amazing...
    Congratulations HD, you must be one hell of a happy camper after this haul mate!
    Hmmm... actually this set is not hard to find (but it is rare). It's hard to find in the condition that I want it in, but its not hard to find in the sense that I come across it fairly often.

The set I bought must be the 4th to 5th set that I've come across. Mostly, the box is in bad condition or the individual robots, which are 90% white, have been badly yellowed. So nice box and white robots are hard to achieve for this set.

I passed on the previous set I came across, which was C10 and as good as MISB case fresh because the asking price was just too high - shop-owner was asking USD$1450 for that set.

My current set has a C8.5 close to C9 box I'd say. There are one or 2 creases on the back of the box. The toys although unplayed appears to be C9 to C9.5, for some reason, I just think they are not as new as the previous set I saw (not sure if it's my mind playing tricks).

This current set was more within my expectations in terms of price.

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    Hmmm... actually this set is not hard to find (but it is rare). It's hard to find in the condition that I want it in, but its not hard to find in the sense that I come across it fairly often.

The set I bought must be the 4th to 5th set that I've come across. Mostly, the box is in bad condition or the individual robots, which are 90% white, have been badly yellowed. So nice box and white robots are hard to achieve for this set.

I passed on the previous set I came across, which was C10 and as good as MISB case fresh because the asking price was just too high - shop-owner was asking USD$1450 for that set.

My current set has a C8.5 close to C9 box I'd say. There are one or 2 creases on the back of the box. The toys although unplayed appears to be C9 to C9.5, for some reason, I just think they are not as new as the previous set I saw (not sure if it's my mind playing tricks).

This current set was more within my expectations in terms of price.
    Ah ok, so it's not as rare as the Dino Cassettes then but it is still quite rare - very intriguing indeed.
    I think that, though they're not as minty as that previous set you describe, this set in it's C8.5-9 box and C9-9.5 figures at least show that they're legitimate and not questionable if you know what I mean.
    Whilst you're in a different league HD, I'm glad you found a set for a price that you found acceptable - I admire your strength to walk away from something if the price being asked is ridiculous, even though you may want it feverishly!