Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LintHart's "Study" ;-) - No 56k or mobiles, you've been warned.

Talking LintHart's "Study" ;-) - No 56k or mobiles, you've been warned.

Hi Guys,

I'd like to share with you a very special place indeed; my private living room or 'study'.

After wanting to post pictures for so so long, the renovations are complete on my new place and furniture is finally in its place. As i work and study a lot from home, i'm literally surrounded by toys all the time. Just how i like it

I was born in '86 and had a massive G1 collection at a very early age which sadly was all sold at a garage sale in my early teenage years. I've only managed to retrieve my original G1 blades and Hotspot from the dark depths of the parents storage. Better than nothing though.

My parents feel that my current ventures is me getting my revenge for them selling it all.

In addition to being a massively over obsessed TF nut, i also idolise many old movie series like Predator, Alien, Terminator, Batman and more recently, Iron Man

My Collection is split into 2 main areas. The study and my Ark-chive (get it, Ark? love the cheesyness)
    The study is self explanatory and archive is a cupboard under the stairs which happens to be linked to my bedroom. I keep the majority of my MISB, MOSC stuff in there like my animated, movie and other toys.

Now onto the fun stuff.
    For fear of UV associated yellowing of my Maximi, the windows and the lights have been lined with 3mm UV treated perspex to try and slow things down a little. Essentially the same stuff used for the premium grading boxes. I'll report back in a couple of years on where i think it's work or not.
    For the moment, i'll take the placebo.

I'll sort this out a little better soon when i have more time.

A once around the room

A little more detail:

My Litho's

My Maximi

And the rest

The Ark-chive FINISHED

Other Collectibles

Last edited by Linthart; 20th April 2010 at 07:01 PM.

Awesome collection! Plus you have the sweet Hot Toys preds and Wolf mask!

errrr lint that is my unicron. the yellow one. (dont worry he is only "borrowing" it)

Quote Originally Posted by blaster View Post
    errrr lint that is my unicron. the yellow one. (dont worry he is only "borrowing" it)
    Guilty

Nice display, though why is a certin transformer got a funky paint swirl in each picture.

So nice and clean.. Hope it stays that way.,

Nice collection dude....The toys are all uncluttered and well displayed (*curses*.... now i have to clean up my place....)

Love the lithos too!!!

it is a bit sucky that you have to ruin the lovely photos with the random swirls though....

Btw, how did you manage to solve the FM yellowing problem again?? i can see now why you were a bit paranoid before cos man, your windows are bright!!! and you have down lights too!!!

Very nice mate!

Most people will probably go gaga over the Maximii, but not me, I'm drooling over the Botcon Dreadwind and Botcon Scourge & his army of sweeps! lol

Love the Maxi's and the Overlord display, a great collection man

Thanks so much for all your praise guys.

Quote Originally Posted by bruticus View Post
    Nice collection dude....The toys are all uncluttered and well displayed (*curses*.... now i have to clean up my place....)

Love the lithos too!!!

it is a bit sucky that you have to ruin the lovely photos with the random swirls though....

Btw, how did you manage to solve the FM yellowing problem again?? i can see now why you were a bit paranoid before cos man, your windows are bright!!! and you have down lights too!!!
    Ah i've explained that little tidbit right before the photos. such a simple solution that i really hope works in the end. Also they're recessed conventional lights with energy saving bulbs but at first sight they look like halogen downlights which im sure would destroy most toys in moments being not very far away) which are also covered in said protection

Quote Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
    Nice display, though why is a certin transformer got a funky paint swirl in each picture.

So nice and clean.. Hope it stays that way.,
    It's a real shame indeed that the funky swirls came out but this is just how it has to be seeing as i believe a couple of members are police officers and i'd hate to shoot myself in the foot (pun intended)
    And out of respect for Tiby who has worked so hard and has earned the right to display as opposed to myself who lost the battle with the authorities

Also i believe that display is everything which is why i keep everything in its place with as much visibilitty as possible, i try and not crowd things tooooo much but its not always possible. It's terrible when sometimes the cabinets cost more than the toys it holds. Like the mega litho frame cost me even more than the print. how evil is that.

Thats some awesome room you have there

and you have Peter Cullen's autograph! Nice

btw, something appears to be stuck on the air vent. Looks like a monkey
    -=≡OrionPax≡=-

Knights of my untidy study