0 0%

0 0%
  • 5 - its so so

2 3.64%

2 3.64%

6 10.91%

18 32.73%

6 10.91%
  • 10 - BUY IT !!! or forever be shamed!!

19 34.55%
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 414192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: War For Cybertron Game Review

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I'm trying to most days, but I'm finding that our mid-morning (east coast) is now the required time to play, or else there aren't enough American people playing to activate more than Team Deathmatch. All the other games seem to not have enough people to start them (most need 4 to start).
    Thanks Griffin. It makes sense. Also explains why there is more action on weekends when they stay up late.

Well, only have one trophy to go - Wave 15 of Escalation. I actually joined a game yesterday afternoon that was at wave 40, but even though I finished that wave and the next, you must have to physically finish wave 15 to get the trophy, as I didn't get it. Boo.

I joined a game at wave 9 and went thru till about wave 23 when i was kicked for idling (nappies dont change thsmselves). I got the wave 15 achievement but i wasnt expecting it because i died during the wave, luckily my teammates helped us thru. I am better for it too, playing beside or watching more skilled players has helped my technique and people are now hanging around me as i methodically work thru wave 10. How you get near wave 15 without cloaking or friends though is beyond me.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Yeah, it's impossible without cloaking or mutliple people, as all the enemies seek you out at once. Cloaking stops their seeking ability, allowing you to relocate somewhere safe. While having mutliple people on at the same times splits up the enemies between each person.

So I guess it's kind of a cheat if you enter escalation any time before wave 15, and just survive to wave 16.

Gee, wave 40? Which map?
    It can take over an hour getting to the mid-teens... If each wave gets more intense with more enemies, it must have taken many hours to get to wave 40.
    (it might explain how those people on the top of the leaderboard have 4-6 million points, and about a month of gameplay clocked - and I've only clocked a bit over a day of gameplay and about 600,000 points.)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Gee, wave 40? Which map?
    It can take over an hour getting to the mid-teens... If each wave gets more intense with more enemies, it must have taken many hours to get to wave 40.
    (it might explain how those people on the top of the leaderboard have 4-6 million points, and about a month of gameplay clocked - and I've only clocked a bit over a day of gameplay and about 600,000 points.)
    Forgotten the name. It's a Decepticon map that you and I played, with the Overshield down in that tunnel. The enemies were all exactly the same in waves 40-43 - a few light troopers and cloakers, some brutes and the big guys with the detachable cannons, and a few flyers. We all just huddled in this small room with only one entrance, and the enemies would enter pretty much one at a time. It was really quite simple.

Xbox live ID yleehs add me if you want to play sometime always up for a round of escalation or 15

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeve View Post
    Forgotten the name. It's a Decepticon map that you and I played, with the Overshield down in that tunnel. The enemies were all exactly the same in waves 40-43 - a few light troopers and cloakers, some brutes and the big guys with the detachable cannons, and a few flyers. We all just huddled in this small room with only one entrance, and the enemies would enter pretty much one at a time. It was really quite simple.
    Yeah, that's District - the one I found to be quite easy to get through the waves on my own. It's the one I got to Wave 12 on before I messed up on something stupid. With a Scrapmaker and Magma Frag Launcher (for the Brutes), a cloaker can dash from one end to the other after a couple doors are opened and pick off the enemy as they catch up in waves.

43 waves still would have taken some time though, I would imagine.

I found wave 1 all too hard

Quote Originally Posted by Saintly View Post
    I found wave 1 all too hard
    Every wave is, until you know what to expect from each of them
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Got to wave 15 on saturday - took me 2 1/2 hours.
    Found out that the on-screen points tally only goes up to 9999... There just isn't much to spend it on.
    Because after openning up 3 particular doors, and accessing 3 particular items (Scrapmaker, Overshield, Thermo mines - for the Brutes), it's strategically better to leave all the other doors closed, to give you more places you can 'have your back against the wall'. If you can control the direction the enemy has to approach your position, you don't have to cover as many different directions at the same time.
    And I've found that the 2 big cannon turrets that you can also buy in certain high-priced rooms, are more of a red herring - due to them being too big to take with you in alt-mode, they limit your speed in robot mode, and disappear after a while if you discard it to relocate yourself or need to go buy something else.
    Once when I got to wave 12, I bought the most powerful, explosive cannon, and died very quickly because I wasn't prepared for it being such a burden.

Hmmm, I gotta get this interested in the multi-player games...