Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst ... 23456789101525 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic book thread ON!

haha komikskolektor , is that Paris Hilton shes pretty hot
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

Quote Originally Posted by autobreadticon View Post
    haha komikskolektor , is that Paris Hilton shes pretty hot
    yes, with her pooch LOL

My favourite period of the month comicswise... finding out how broke I'll be in future months.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=17750

DC Solicitations for November 2008.

What's everyone getting?

Me, I'm a bit pissed that JSA has an extra three one-shots I'm going to have to pick up on top of what I usually get. It always seems at this end of the year all the companies release a whole lot of one-shots/LSs that interest me and those are the months that normally kill me.

I think I might give the TItans HC a try too. I like a lot of those characters but couldn't be stuffed giving the ongoing a shot. And Paul Dini's Batman looks very interesting I'm so tempted to give it a try as much as I'm a Batman naysayer

Alex Ross does some awesome Batman covers too btw.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by komikskolektor View Post
    Got my copy of Secret Invasion #5 , the president of the philippines is a SKRULL
    she's below Oprah and next to Dr Doom
    ooooh a very short skrull hehehehehh and I thought "ate Glo" was a Skrull heheheh

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    My favourite period of the month comicswise... finding out how broke I'll be in future months.

STL its not how broke you'll be , its how looooooong you'll be broke that counts , erm okay that didnt come out right I think.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

What's everyone getting?
    Not a lot from these solicits: Jack of Fables TPB #4, X-Men: Legacy TPB, Ellis' Thunderbolts #2 TPB, New X-Men Ultimate Collection #3, TF Spotlight: Blurr, and maybe Young X-Men TPB #1.

This Marvel November solicit for me definitely!

MS. MARVEL SPECIAL: STORYTELLER
    Written by BRIAN REED
    Pencils & Cover by GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI
    It's Marvel Pirate Mania as the Storyteller returns! Gavin is a young man with the ability to reshape the world in his image, but when he crosses paths with Ms. Marvel once more, dark secrets are revealed, and Gavin's life takes a dark turn. Brian Reed (SECRET INVASION: FRONT LINE) and Giuseppe Cammuncoli bring you a tale where anything can happen... and does!
    32 PGS./One-Shot/Rated T+ ...$2.99
    Yeah I'm a Ms. Marvel fan ...

Damn I only just spotted this thread. I've read more than a few comics in my time, although I wouldn't say I was a huge a collector as some of the fans on the board, Gijoe and Transformers were my main comic passions. Today I try and reign comic spending in so i can afford TFS and other things. So today I only have a few favourtes though there rather diverse in origin.

Most likely my favourte comic series of all time is not in fact Transformers but Marvel's original run Of GI Joe, and Special Missions. Larry Hamma may have been a bit of an egotist, but he knew his stuff and did the best with what Hasbro gave him, and he wrote good dialouge which I think is rather important for a comic writter. I collected The new Devils Due GI Joe and America's Elite but In my mind there not on par with the original, could be nostalgia but to me it seems the writters don't research there subjects and the Joes win just because there so goddam tough. I also find there's a lot more flag waving in the new comics where as larry Hamma seemed to have a better idea of how the rest of the world sees America.

Obviously in my top 10 favourte comics is Transformers. Transformers G2 is may favourte (so gritty) with Marvel UK G1, US G1 and the IDW spotlights up next.

The Watchman is undoubtably my favourte graphic novel, I only read it a few years back though, but it's my favourte take on super heroes.

In the 90's The Maxx was one of my favourtes, so wierd yet rellevant.

Like TDD I started reading comics at an early age, of those comics the ones that still stand out today are Asterix and Uncle Scrooge, yet when I say Uncle Scrooge I mean any Uncle Scrooge comic written by Carl Barks or Donald Rossa. Those guys actualy researched thier stuff all Scrooges treasure hunts were based on actualy treasures and thier artwork was always lavish and detailed. Duck Tales Uncle Scrooge was a mere shadow of the miser in the comics.

On the Manga scene my favourtes are Appleseed, and Ghost In the Shell, love Shirows artwork, though his plots are often labrynth.

Easier to follow but no less appealing Is my other favoured manga Battle Angel Alita. I love the Cyberpunk dystopia of the series as well as the rather viscerial action and brain squishing. The only part that sucks is waiting months for next installment of the new series.

And just to round of my favourte comics with some underground comics I also sometimes read the drug fueled antics of The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    And just to round of my favourte comics with some underground comics I also sometimes read the drug fueled antics of The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers.
    I have the whole collection. Funny...so, so funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Like TDD I started reading comics at an early age, of those comics the ones that still stand out today are Asterix and Uncle Scrooge, yet when I say Uncle Scrooge I mean any Uncle Scrooge comic written by Carl Barks or Donald Rossa. Those guys actualy researched thier stuff all Scrooges treasure hunts were based on actualy treasures and thier artwork was always lavish and detailed. Duck Tales Uncle Scrooge was a mere shadow of the miser in the comics.
    Those are definitely among my top10 runs/graphic novels. The Life and Times compilations are excellent yet meaningful reads. And yes, the detail is part of the allure.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Marvel comics for the week of August 20th.

Captain America #41 - I'm glad I borrowed the Winter Soldier trades off my friend, I'm now a Captain America reader. Such a great series and this weeks issue was a solid issue. I really can't wait to see how this story arc finally unfolds. Also fantastic final page for this issue.

Iron Man: Director of S.H.E.I.L.D. #32 - Sadly I can't say the same about Iron Man: DoS at the moment, I mean wow we had some pretty ace story arcs in the beginning; Extremis, Execute Program etc. but now, ugh. Issue #32 concludes our current mediocre story arc, seriously what the hell ...
    *highlight for spoiler* "Iron Man just ends up slapping the crap out of Weir which snapped Overkill's control over him. Later we see Weir fuse again with Overkill to help Iron Man but this time he's able to control it." *end spoiler*
    I believe next issue it becomes War Machine: Weapon of S.H.E.I.L.D? Here's to hoping it's going to be better.

Uncanny X-Men #501 - As mentioned a while back I've started reading Uncanny X-Men (at #500). Pretty decent issue, felt a bit disjointed, the whole car scene felt like filler. I'm quite liking the new look of Pixie, I'm glad we're seeing some of the younger generation from the New X-Men series. Greymalkin Industries .., I wonder if that has anything to do with what's currently going on in Young X-Men.

X-Factor: Layla Miller #1 - Woo Layla one shot! Shit was sad with what happened to her in Messiah Complex. Glad we're getting some sort of look at what Layla's been up to since we last saw her. Very enjoyable one shot.
    *highlight for spoiler* "Wow Ruby Summers is hot. Scott was a jerk." *end spoiler*
    I don't even read X-Factor but I do hope we see more of Layla soon.

X-Men: First Class #15 - Another fun issue, more enjoyable then last week. Cute watching Jean use her powers to manipulate her hair like Medusa. Liked how Medusa emphasized she likes the "strong and silent" type. It's all the small things in First Class which makes it good fun. Also great to see Angel back with the team.