Page 503 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 483493498499500501502503504505506507508513523 ... LastLast
Results 5,021 to 5,030 of 10406

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Decepticon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    It's because Hasbro Australia has nothing to do, so to keep them busy they do the licensing of various Hasbro toys. It doesn't mean it's actually distributed in Australia, just a generic legal blurb.
    I thought so. Just seems weird to have all that on it if the product doesn't even set foot here in oz.

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Decepticon View Post
    I thought so. Just seems weird to have all that on it if the product doesn't even set foot here in oz.
    They knew yours would be setting foot in Oz.

(not the prison show Oz. that'd be....disturbing)

So,
    I have seen pictures, and heard that the Japanese Breakdown and Jet Vehicon both only have Takara/Tomy markings on them.

Potentially indicating that these are definitiely only Asian release toys.

I'm wondering, does anyone have an AM anything else that has had the same mold released either here or in the states and can they inform us if these other japanese release prime toys also only say Takara/Tomy or do they also have a Hasbro Stamp on them somewhere?
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Skywarp and Terrorcon Cliffjumper have "Hasbro" on it with "Tomy"... and I think the people who have been collecting all the JP versions were the ones to first notice which ones didn't have "Hasbro" at all (Breakdown and Jet Vehicon).
    (I only have those two moulds that were released by Hasbro, so can't say what the others have on them)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Skywarp and Terrorcon Cliffjumper have "Hasbro" on it with "Tomy"... and I think the people who have been collecting all the JP versions were the ones to first notice which ones didn't have "Hasbro" at all (Breakdown and Jet Vehicon).
    (I only have those two moulds that were released by Hasbro, so can't say what the others have on them)
    Thanks Griffin, that's the sort of indicator I was looking for, it indicates to me that if there was to be a local release of either it would be significantly different to the Takara Version, enough to warrant perhaps two jet vehicons for my collection, one from Takara and a future ptential one from Hasbro.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Is this an official toy?

http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...th-2012/25562/

If so, how can they pull it off since this is an 80s vintage mold that hasn't really been used since. They could easily make it into a G1 colored reissue if they can do that officially.

LOL that's awesome.

Default Takara transformers history collection

Does anyone know much about this? Saw it on eBay the other day but now gone. Said it was Takara history collection box of 12 figures. I had never heard of it but I am sure you guys can fill me in

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Is this an official toy?

http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...th-2012/25562/

If so, how can they pull it off since this is an 80s vintage mold that hasn't really been used since. They could easily make it into a G1 colored reissue if they can do that officially.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    LOL that's awesome.
    Aw. It's a door prize, one-off custom FrenzyRumble repaint of an original FlyWheels. Still, I'd prefer to buy this with its custom early 90s box over the BotCon Overlord.

DUOCON-307 Overlord is a one off custom from the creative mind of yours truly! Custom figure re-painted by FrenzyRumble, custom box, with Tech Specs re-written by me for RETROCON

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream77 View Post
    Does anyone know much about this? Saw it on eBay the other day but now gone. Said it was Takara history collection box of 12 figures. I had never heard of it but I am sure you guys can fill me in
    http://blog-imgs-22.fc2.com/p/o/t/po...1125000949.jpg
    http://www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown-...isarashi2.html
    Bunch of PVC figurines. Nothing spectacular (I have Bumblebee who stands under my monitor at work, and some of the bottle caps who sit on my Pepsi Convoy's trailer). If you can find 'em cheap, then go for it, but I wouldn't pay more than a few dollars for each one. They're just little PVC figurines with zero play value (nothing more than decoration). Arguably the most interesting piece in the set is the alternate hand for Masterpiece Convoy that comes with a crouching Spike figurine. But honestly, MP10 has since made that redundant since it comes with a Spike figure (w/ basic articulation and better interactivity since he can stand or sit inside Optimus Prime or Roller etc. whereas the PVC figurine is completely non-poseable). And of course, Hasbro's MP10 is slated to come out at Australian Toys R Us stores soon... so I'd personally just wait for that. <shrug>