Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > Beyond the Spacebridge (Non-Transformers Section) > Star Wars

Sightings/Sales

Old 9th July 2018, 04:16 PM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

So... How was school today?
Old 9th July 2018, 05:45 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
I laughed way too much at this.

I've been watching a lot of YouTube reviews (both positive and negative) about Solo and TLJ lately and whilst you can generally tell inherent bias, a number of them make solid points on both the pros and cons of the movies.

I'm not going to list them all but suffice to say Solo continues to surpass my expectations of it upon reflection. TLJ, only gets worse...
Sales Thread
Old 9th July 2018, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
It was great! We learnt about the dangers of falling glass but I haven't seen any yet. I will keep my eyes peeled 😄
Old 9th July 2018, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
They're not even remotely the same story in spirit. In the original, Han threw away a promising Imperial career to save Chewie. In this one Han is a problem child of the Imperial Navy who gets thrown into a pit and only saves himself when Chewie discovers he speaks a little Wookie.

They're not even remotely the same stakes, the same moral dilemma oflr the same relationship dynamics. The later does nothing but piss on the reason the Wookie Life Debt was given to Han.
han solo is a scoundrel, a smuggler who is in it for the money. someone who takes orders from only one person: himself.

a promising imperial navy recruit who decides to make a stand for the good guys and free a wookie and then travel the galaxy together taking on jobs doesn't seem to match.

a guy with no loyalty to the empire but who uses the imperial academy as a way of reaching a goal, has trouble following orders, makes selfish decisions (that may backfire) to try and further himself at the risk of others, who sees uniting with an enslaved wookie to free themselves from capture and then taking on jobs to still reach his goals to me seems like a better match.

i think the han solo as presented in the spinoff movie seems a closer alignment to the han solo we meet in the cantina than what george lucas may have come up with.

does that not match up better?
do you think that it doesn't even matter because only what george lucas wrote down is what counts?
Old 9th July 2018, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider View Post
I laughed way too much at this.

I've been watching a lot of YouTube reviews (both positive and negative) about Solo and TLJ lately and whilst you can generally tell inherent bias, a number of them make solid points on both the pros and cons of the movies.

I'm not going to list them all but suffice to say Solo continues to surpass my expectations of it upon reflection. TLJ, only gets worse...
Glad someone got a laugh! Seriously, I don't want a real Star Trek War or a Star Wars Trek.

Bob Chipman, In Bob We Trust presented a good analysis on the TLJ and liked Solo. Personally not a huge fan of episodes 7 and 8 but I did like Solo and Rogue One.
Old 9th July 2018, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philby View Post
It was great! We learnt about the dangers of falling glass but I haven't seen any yet. I will keep my eyes peeled 😄
Do remember to put on a high vis vest, a hard hat, thick gloves and eye protection if you're around broken glass.
Old 9th July 2018, 07:23 PM

Hmm... while I am willing to let go of the past but I do have to take into account of whats a logical flow to the future.

For me Star Wars was enjoyable, even the prequels not without its flaws of course.

It is also not good to put judgement on episode nine either. But I just dislike how Lucas flim and Disney are not understanding why things turn soured.

Its weird that everyone ELSE knows where they gone wrong and they are just in complete denial < reminds me of a retailer.

I just hope they know what they are doing. As you have Rian saying things like "making movies are not to sell figures" don't actually help Star Wars position at all.

Remember guys, if you put Star Wars in a negative spot, it becomes negative.

All the best.