0 0%
  • No

1 6.67%
  • Not even interested.

2 13.33%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Toy review - WFC Siege Deluxe Ironhide

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    The try-hard battle damage does nothing for me but it reminds me of the battle damage on Sixgun which should be easily removable
    Yeah wasn't too hard. It helps that the panels pop off instead of being pinned in, like the ones on Sideswipe for instance. I didn't bother with the weapon or bumper as the paint apps look okay there.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

It's nice to see that Hasbro went to the effort of adding that tech detail that gets hidden when Ironhide's feet are attached to his legs

Picked him up today as I the only deluxe I have is Flywheels abd need something to interact with Sixgun and Cog a bit more. I quite like this guy. The colours and lack of paint doesn't look so bad in person and the robot mode looks big and beefy. Vehicle mode also looks cybertronian enough for me. The weapon is cool, but as stated earlier, the lack of arm articulation lessens its effect as a hammer.

Anyone found a use for the extra handle on this gun yet?

I ahte the battle damage paint on this a lot though. Flywheels was OK, as it was around the treads and matches in both robot and vehicle mode. Ironhide's, matches in robot mode, but is just weird in vehicle mode. I wish they'd painted the wheel rims instead.

The panels popping off at the drop of a hat are annoying though.

I think the battle damage paint is a way for hasbro to effectively hide poor paint applications and defects. That way they can push up their product yield.

Anyways I like this figure but like others here the panels popping off all the time are friggen annoying, you can't effectively handle the figure without it falling apart all the time.

I'm really getting annoyed with hasbro being cheap with pins, seriously the quality that 3rd party pump out for so much less, it can't be that costly to put a few pins here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by neomoz View Post
    I think the battle damage paint is a way for hasbro to effectively hide poor paint applications and defects. That way they can push up their product yield.
    I don't agree with this. When I've removed the battle damage paint the toy ends up looking much better and they otherwise don't have bad paint apps or any defects that were otherwise masked by the battle damage. One of the tricky things with stripping off the damage ops on Soundwave is because he's got other paint apps underneath the damage paint. And those paint ops are well done. I had to repaint the black apps on the legs that I faded from stripping off the battle damage there, and with the chest door I couldn't remove everything as I was trying to avoid rubbing off the decos there (I got a lot of it off but not all of it). So yeah, there's definitely still some good paint ops happening in spite of the battle damage.

I can't stand the battle damage but I don't think it's hiding anything.

Quote Originally Posted by neomoz View Post
    I don't see what you mean. Fixing defects is a cost, but so is adding paint to mask them. So they'd be better off just fixing the defects if that were an issue.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Add a blue post-it note and voila