Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: DOTM Blu-Ray, DVD, 3D Blu-Ray out in Australia NOV 10th

Well sounds more like they have dedicated a disc to each movie. The Blu-ray came with 2D movie, DVD version and a 3rd disc which stated it was the DVD version and the Digital

Just a fun fact, the Kmart store I work at has sold out of DOTM DVDs and on the 9th we had an entire DVD row end dedicated to it so we had a lot of copies in stock. Pretty crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by jena View Post
    Just a fun fact, the Kmart store I work at has sold out of DOTM DVDs and on the 9th we had an entire DVD row end dedicated to it so we had a lot of copies in stock. Pretty crazy!
    That is pretty crazy, clearly the movie was/is a major hit with the kids; which puts a smile on my face, both for the fact that even more kids love TFs now but also because we collectors complain about the lack of a Special Features Disc - how very fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    That is pretty crazy, clearly the movie was/is a major hit with the kids; which puts a smile on my face, both for the fact that even more kids love TFs now but also because we collectors complain about the lack of a Special Features Disc - how very fitting.
    I think a major selling point for Kmart has been the price, a brand spanking new release for only $18. I got Harry Potter today for the same crazy price. Customers have been getting so excited about the price of DOTM. I've smiled every time a kid spotted them and had a little freak out, nagging their mum or dad to buy it. More kids have been getting stoked for Transformers than Cars 2 and DOTM has been selling far better than Cars 2. A man got so excited on the weekend that he was fist pumping and shouting about it. Something tells me he was drunk but he was a TF fan so he was all good in my book.

I think a major selling point for Kmart has been the price, a brand spanking new release for only $18. I got Harry Potter today for the same crazy price. Customers have been getting so excited about the price of DOTM. I've smiled every time a kid spotted them and had a little freak out, nagging their mum or dad to buy it. More kids have been getting stoked for Transformers than Cars 2 and DOTM has been selling far better than Cars 2. A man got so excited on the weekend that he was fist pumping and shouting about it. Something tells me he was drunk but he was a TF fan so he was all good in my book.
    This is excellent news indeed!
    I'm not overly surprised that Cars 2 is failing though; there's a reason why it's Pixar's worst performing franchise...
    (Why?: It sucks! )

JB Hifi seem to be the only store that DIDNT raise their price on the TF3 DVD after the first couple days of its release. Both Kmart & BigW added $10 onto their release day price of about $18, but JB have kept theirs at $20 (if anyone didn't yet get a copy, but are wanting the cheapest option at this time).

I know Kmart's pricing lasted for the duration of the catalogue it was featured in, it oddly enough happens with the majority of the new releases - they're super cheap during the week of release then the prices are jacked up again the following week. Pretty stupid, I'd you ask me!

I know Kmart's pricing lasted for the duration of the catalogue it was featured in, it oddly enough happens with the majority of the new releases - they're super cheap during the week of release then the prices are jacked up again the following week. Pretty stupid, I'd you ask me!
    Why? At the prices they are at in the catalogue, every DVD purchased actually costs them money. Even Target, who is still selling it at $23 (New release prices usually last 2-3 weeks there), takes a 15% LOSS on each DVD.

Bro gave me DOTM on Bluray. Graphics look so bloody brilliant - so clear, so detailed. It's as if every frame of this movie can be made into an epic wallpaper.

Yet for some reason when watching this movie during the last half I dozed off, perhaps a sensory overload?? *I doubt it muhahaaha*

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post
    Why? At the prices they are at in the catalogue, every DVD purchased actually costs them money. Even Target, who is still selling it at $23 (New release prices usually last 2-3 weeks there), takes a 15% LOSS on each DVD.
    I'm just looking at it from the point of view of someone who has to deal with the pissy customers who have heard such and such DVD is only $18 by word of mouth, then they come in to get it, unaware of the catalogue dates, and grumble about it being jacked up to $28. I think $28 is quite a fair price for a new release. I don't see why they can't just start at the higher price and slowly drop down in price until they end up in the $9 bin - isn't that how it used to be anyway. If people want to buy movies when they're newly released, they usually don't seem to care too much about the higher price tag. That just comes with getting it new, it's a part of the luxury of a new release, if they don't want to pay full price, they can just wait for it to be marked down. The same thing happens with most things, everything starts at a set price until the fashion season changes or the item doesn't sell well or the food nears the best before. I just think jumping back and forth with new release DVD prices is annoying.