Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Online Store 'Case Fresh' Closure

Default Online Store 'Case Fresh' Closure

Just realised yesterday after cleaning up some old bookmarks that Case Fresh are no longer operating

For those not familiar with them, they were a major presence in Oz for figures, busts, and statues. Located in NSW, they also attended the Parramatta Fair up until a few years ago. My first few purchases with them was 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime, Energon Unicron and a Palisades Shockwave statue. The great thing about having a local online dealer was the enticement of free shipping for orders over $80 which overseas dealers couldn't match.

Can't say I didn't see this coming though as the site was rarely maintained towards the end with virtually no in-stock items. Still, always a shame to see local Aussie businesses closing their doors.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Sad news indeed. I purchased quite a lot of toys & found them a pleasure to deal with. It's a shame that they were unable to continue operating.
    I wish all those involved the best with their future endeavours.

Never heard of them. Were they a store or more like a broker??
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

they were an online shop. they use to be the first place i would go online to buy the latest transformers from. then they dropped the ball.

A real shame, they were a great store back in the day. They also used to have some killer sales, I remember picking up all kinds of Energon-era TFs and busts for crazy prices.

Case Fresh made a name for themselves in the Transformers fandom about 10 years ago by stocking many of the Alternators after the retail chains declined (so in effect, they were the exclusive domestic source for most Alternators sourced from Hasbro Australia).

As noted in their farewell, at their peak they were catering to collectors of Star Wars toys during a downturn of the Brand by retailers (between movies). Naturally when the new movies and cartoons came out, retailers did big stocking, and Case Fresh now had to compete by price (which factored in their "free" shipping).
    They could have done some serious business with Transformers in recent years, if Hasbro Australia could guarantee supply of specific waves here.

I bought a couple of Alternators from them and saw them back up on stage waaay back a few years on the Parramatta Fair - circa 2006-2007. Got me a lot of Xevoz on clearance from them. They did close down quite a few years back AFAIK. Shame. Would have been awesome if they prospered like a local BBTS...
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

They were part of my slide back into Transformers collecting with Alternators. I bought many from them.

I used to check them out every month or so to see if they had added any more Transformers Merch to their listings.

it's a shame to see a local business go under like that, but it's got to be hard to compete against Robot Kingdom and BBTS among others.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

The problem they had was that in the Alternator days they were getting supplied by Hasbro directly, and could get good prices. After a few years they announced that this had ended, as in 2009 Hasbro started to screw up their orders and not answer questions... then in 2010 Casefresh stopped stocking Hasbro products.

I googled around and found a thread elsewhere with the casefresh announcment saying this stuff....

Anyway, they were amazing pre 2010.... *sigh* i miss the good old days

I miss the good old days too. I can't tell you how many boxes of alternators I bought from Case Fresh. At the height of my TF collecting and customising I had every alternator made (as well as any BT or BTA that didn't have an alternator equivalent) and I would have made over 20 custom alternators and most of them came from Case Fresh.

I also got plenty of X-men classics and other figures. Those were the days.

Urge to buy toys... rising... rising! TERMINATED DUE TO LACK OF FUNDS