Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G'Day Everyone

Default G'Day Everyone

Hi Everyone,

Just came across this site recently following some searches for TF toys and thought I'd say hello.

A bit about myself, from Southcoast NSW, grew up watching G1 cartoons on Saturday mornings (until recently the only series I've watched), never had much of a collection when I was a kid cause frankly parents couldn't afford them so the few figurines I was lucky to have I pretty much cherished. Anyway being a dad now, my eldest started getting interested in TF so naturally I introduced him to the G1 cartoons. He loved them, bad thing about it was, obviously he wanted the toys, and G1 toys are pretty rare and expensive, well expensive to give a 5 year old to play with and possibly trash lol. Lucky for me, I came across this new Prime series, which is pretty cool if you ask me, and both kids now have really taken to it so I've been trying to round up a bit of a collection (probably cause I never got to have one for myself lol), except looks like we may have jumped on the boat a bit late. I've been lucky to find a couple of the figures in a few shops here and there but its becoming a bit of a mission. A lot of the stuff on e-bay seems to be pretty overpriced (or at least the shipping is). I was fortunate to come by a toy shop in Tarren Point which stocked a few of them so it was a good score.

Anyways, if anyone here has any tips re stores in the Sydney/Southcoast area where I may be able to find some of the Prime series figures it would be much appreciated. I would be particularly thankful if anyone has any input on where I could look to find the following:

- Dreadwing - Prime - Voyager class
    - Shockwave - Beast Hunters - Voyager class
    - Smokescreen - Beast Hunters - Deluxe Class
    - Ratchet - Prime - Deluxe class
    - Knockout -Prime - Deluxe class

Again any help would be much appreciated

Cheers everyone, Til' all are one

Welcome! I don't know particulars, but Toys R Us last I checked (about 2 months ago ? ) had an entire shelf of Prime Voyagers ( if there still there is beyond me though) There were some Starscreams Bulkheads Megatrons and I think I saw a Dreadwing or two?

Anyway welcome to the forum!

Thanks mate, any chance u remember which TRU store it was?, the one near me doesn't have any (although they have an awesome MP Ultra Magnus that's just ridiculously priced ATM) TRU web site doesn't allow u to pick specific characters (frustrating!), so if u can let me know which one I can give them a buzz and hopefully find someone who knows what I'm talking about lol

Again thanks

Welcome. Hope you find all the figures you want.

Welcome from the south coast. Where abouts are you located? Generally for newish figures ive found tru and target shellharbour to be the best finds.

Looking for older figures? Im still trying to figure that out myself. Where abouts are you located. Good to see you get onboard.

Hey pep, from Wollongong area, went Shellharbour TRU about a week ago and they didn't have anything I was after, none of the stores seemed to have now which is frustrating cause I recall seeing the prime and beast hunter series on display pretty much everywhere about a year ago but at that stage I didn't know nothing of the TV series. I remember Uncle Pete's stocking them along with the reveal the shield range but place went bust about the time kids got into the series and now it's like I'm chasing my tail (would love to know what happened with all their stock). I've managed to pick up a few so far from just dropping into some stores when up in Sydney etc, but the ones I listed above I can't seem to find anywhere, I'm hoping stores still have stock out there somewhere so thought I'd ask if anyone had noticed any

Hey, I like your username. Welcome!

Do you share your whole collection with the kids or is there a "Dad's only" group of TFs?
    Also, if they like the G1 characters but you don't want to get the old G1 toys, have you looked into the Classics/Universe 2.0/Generations line? Only the combiner wars stuff seems to be in stores right now though.

If you're not having any luck with your local stores, feel free to chuck up a list of what you're seeking in the toy scout section. Some of the members here might be able to help you out.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Quote Originally Posted by Meister View Post
    Thanks mate, any chance u remember which TRU store it was?, the one near me doesn't have any (although they have an awesome MP Ultra Magnus that's just ridiculously priced ATM) TRU web site doesn't allow u to pick specific characters (frustrating!), so if u can let me know which one I can give them a buzz and hopefully find someone who knows what I'm talking about lol

Again thanks
    The one at Castle Hill. And UM is WAY over priced

I think i may have seen a dteadwing somrwherr recently but for the lifenof me cannot recall where. Target warrawong maybe but could not be defintie. I get around alot so it all becomes a jumble trying to remember. May have even been ahellharbour tru. Bcause inwas considerng getting it.
    Sorry couldnt be more help. Most other stores ive seen only have only got CW figures. Prine was nearly 2 series ago?

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    Hey, I like your username. Welcome!

Do you share your whole collection with the kids or is there a "Dad's only" group of TFs?
    Also, if they like the G1 characters but you don't want to get the old G1 toys, have you looked into the Classics/Universe 2.0/Generations line? Only the combiner wars stuff seems to be in stores right now though.

If you're not having any luck with your local stores, feel free to chuck up a list of what you're seeking in the toy scout section. Some of the members here might be able to help you out.
    Yeah Jazz rocks , actually surprised the username was available, he was my favourite when I was a kid and also was the first TF toy I had. I remember watching original TF movie at the cinema's (one of my first cinema experiences) and being so relieved afterwards cause he was one of the few originals that made it out alive lol, but then Bay had Megatron rip him in half in his first flick so I guess you win some you loose some haha

Collection is all for the kids now, I guess I want them to experience what I only dreamed about when I was a kid , but I do have one "dad's only" figure, well actually two now, and that's a G1 Jazz and G1 Optimus, both for sentimental reasons, both kept unopen in their boxes. One of my best mates since I was a little tacker has become an avid collector over the last couple of years, guess he's collection inspired me a bit (although his poison is the Materpiece range which is pretty nuts), also have a younger cousin who similarly has now started collecting G1 figures, so when my eldest one day got curious about TF's in a shop, didn't take long for me to start reliving my youth as well .

Yeah I noticed that range in the shops now, the combiner Aerialbots look pretty sweet and close to the originals (except larger), although they only have three of the original team out, which I thought a bit weird. Kids are in to the prime series so I'm riding that wave now cause its something they can relate to, but if they release the other two aerialbots I'd probably look into it for them cause the combiners were pretty cool pieces (loved G1 Bruticus and Devastator)

Thanks for the tip, may be my last point of call if I strike out with the retailers