Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2019(?) G1 Reissue Soundwave and Buzz-saw

bowspearer Guest

Default 2019(?) G1 Reissue Soundwave and Buzz-saw

From tformers.com:

As you're probably aware by now, 2019 represents the 35th Anniversary of Transformers! And in honor of the occasion, Hasbro marches on with its G1 reissue series! The Facebook page for In Demand Toys has posted the first image of Reissue Soundwave with "Condor Cassette: Buzzsaw," surely a way of trademarking the extremely common word.

Soundwave is technically recreated from the original tooling, if previous reissues are any indicator... but you'll still notice a minor difference from your G1 Soundwave. When the character was recreated as New Soundwave Soundblaster during the 1987 Japan-exclusive Transformers: The Headmasters, the mold was modified to incorporate a slightly different door mechanism that could accommodate Soundblaster's 2-tape capacity. And thus has it been ever since. So it's a modification, but a vintage one, if that makes you feel any better!

In Demand says that preorders will begin "soon," but odds are also good that this will join the other recent G1 reissues and the upcoming reissue of Optimus Prime at Walmart stores in the US.

Yes! Soundwave! Who would have thought this would happen someday? I’m still pinching myself every time there’s a new reissue. G1 Transformers in original packaging is a dream come true. I’ll break down in tears if they start announcing carbots.

You just made my day Bowspear!. I'm going to rip open my encore release (my existing soundwave was getting a bit loose) if I know there's a G1 packaging version coming. If only they'd release the tapes as well. I'd kill for a g1 ravage rumble MOSC
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    If only they'd release the tapes as well. I'd kill for a g1 ravage rumble MOSC
    I suspect Hasbro knows everyone would kill for the Tapes, hence why we're getting them now. I also suspect that Hasbro will release every single tape sooner rather than later and in classic 2-packs. Dammit, going to and from Cotton-On Kids is going to well and truly feel like a walk of shame now and that sounds so wrong typing that but it's true.

FatalityPitt Guest

This is great news, I'm a big fan of Soundwave and Blaster and their cassettes. It's a pain knowing that this upcoming Soundwave will probably be a US Walmart exclusive and it'll cost me a fortune to obtain. I still have my MISB Encore Soundwave but I've been feeling a bit worried lately that the toy inside might be rusted (screws, metal parts, etc). At least with this new Soundwave, I could open up the Encore and check it out without feeling too guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    This is great news, I'm a big fan of Soundwave and Blaster and their cassettes. It's a pain knowing that this upcoming Soundwave will probably be a US Walmart exclusive and it'll cost me a fortune to obtain. I still have my MISB Encore Soundwave but I've been feeling a bit worried lately that the toy inside might be rusted (screws, metal parts, etc). At least with this new Soundwave, I could open up the Encore and check it out without feeling too guilty.
    Wait, rusted? Really? Even though its MISB? Without much exposure?

Being a non MISB collector i wasn't aware this was a thing to be mindful of...

On-topic though its great to see many of the classics like this rereleased. How have the molds(/moulds sorry if wrong) held up for this many years?

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TaZZerath View Post
    Wait, rusted? Really? Even though its MISB? Without much exposure?
    Yeah, moisture can still seep through the crevices of the box if it's kept in areas that are wet and/or humid. This is likelier to happen in tropical countries.

I bought an MISB Encore G1 Meister (Jazz) from an eBay seller in Hong Kong about 7 years ago and never opened it. Last year I noticed some white spots (mould growth) appearing on the inside of the plastic window. Also, looking through the plastic window, I noticed the car mode's axles (center of the wheels) were rusted. I ended up opening the box, cleaned off the rust and mould with WD-40.

I think it's a good idea to store MISB toys in a ziplock bag (you can find a variety of sizes at the supermarket) with a packet of silica gel to absorb any existing moisture.

Problem I have now with my MISB Encore Soundwave is that it's packed away in a box behind a shelf (hard to get to), and I got it before the Encore Jazz I mentioned earlier. So any mould and rust inside would have probably accumulated by now

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    Yeah, moisture can still seep through the crevices of the box if it's kept in areas that are wet and/or humid. This is likelier to happen in tropical countries.

I bought an MISB Encore G1 Meister (Jazz) from an eBay seller in Hong Kong about 7 years ago and never opened it. Last year I noticed some white spots (mould growth) appearing on the inside of the plastic window. Also, looking through the plastic window, I noticed the car mode's axles (center of the wheels) were rusted. I ended up opening the box, cleaned off the rust and mould with WD-40.

I think it's a good idea to store MISB toys in a ziplock bag (you can find a variety of sizes at the supermarket) with a packet of silica gel to absorb any existing moisture.

Problem I have now with my MISB Encore Soundwave is that it's packed away in a box behind a shelf (hard to get to), and I got it before the Encore Jazz I mentioned earlier. So any mould and rust inside would have probably accumulated by now
    Damn, well, the more you know...

I guess you just have to hope for the best!

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TaZZerath View Post
    Damn, well, the more you know...

I guess you just have to hope for the best!
    Yeah, thanks. At least I learned something from the experience

Wow that's a great idea for misb. Going to sound really dumb, but where do you buy silica gel packs?
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!