Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Legacy: A Celebration of Transformers Package Art

Default Transformers Legacy: A Celebration of Transformers Package Art

New listing over on Amazon for a book entitled "Transformers Legacy: A Celebration of Transformers Package Art". I am a huge fan of box art so I'm going to be all over this when it comes out in May 2014

It's being published by IDW and I'd wager that it's in collaboration with Botch
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    New listing over on Amazon for a book entitled "Transformers Legacy: A Celebration of Transformers Package Art". I am a huge fan of box art so I'm going to be all over this when it comes out in May 2014
    We've discussed this before, but it's been a long time since an update.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    It's being published by IDW and I'd wager that it's in collaboration with Botch
    It's coming from Jim Sorenson (who was behind the two Ark books and the two Animated Almanac books) and
    Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    In the comments of Jim's blog post on the subject he mentions he's been in contact with botch already.
    And Botch discussed it too.

Preordered

Jim has made a few posts on TFW about it. It still hasn't been finalised yet.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Huh, I never knew Botches site even existed.

I can see there is a definite difference here, one being high quality print for a library the other being an online resource.

I wonder if any of the scans I made for Jim ever made the cut? by the way he's talking in the tfw thread, it doesn't look like it.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I'll have look into other online stores. i dont fancy something of this nature arriving in good condition based on Amazon's poor packaging.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    I'll have look into other online stores. i dont fancy something of this nature arriving in good condition based on Amazon's poor packaging.
    Yeah my latest amazon order turned up with Thundercrackers backing card all bent. It's why I'm thinking of ordering 'The Covenant of Primus' book through thebookdepoistry, even though AMazon already has it in. Ironically it is $30 more from thebookdeposity, but the postage from Amazon is exactly $30 anyway

I hope this box art book comes with full page pics of the backing box art, they had some great ones over the years

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    We've discussed this before, but it's been a long time since an update.
    Forgot about that topic. I even posted in it too Like I said, I'm going to be all over this so I probably got a bit excited when I saw the updated news with Amazon listing

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    I didn't have much luck with Transformers Vault from The Book Depository. The corners were all squashed in the thin cardboard envelope they shipped it in. Probably would have asked for an exchange but this wasn't the first time so any replacement could have turned up the same. Luckily, I bought a second copy when they showed up locally at Target stores
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    It's why I'm thinking of ordering 'The Covenant of Primus' book through thebookdepoistry, even though AMazon already has it in. Ironically it is $30 more from thebookdeposity, but the postage from Amazon is exactly $30 anyway

I have a feeling that the book depository is owned by Amazon..

Either way I've had things shipped from the Book depository in the past that were damaged to the point where I asked for a refund. they refunded all 3 damaged books but their condition was so bad I gave them away.

they are better now using harder cardboard envelopes, but still, something like this I'd be pretty careful ordering from a place like that. This is why I buy all my Transformers Trades locally in Australia, it's more expensive but they don't get hammered in shipping.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I've been waiting this book for ages but everytime I check the blog there's been no update, so this was a surprise.

Amazon can be okay for books if it's just one thing (or everything's the same size) but when the mix items there seems to be trouble. Those original IDW massive hardcovers arrived in pretty nasty condition from Amazon. Nearly everything I've ordered from Bookdepository on the otherhand (scores of tpbs and several hardcover books) has been fine, including the IDW 30th Anniversary hardcover, the IDW Collection hardcovers, a couple of Marvel Omnibuses and the TF Vault book.

I'll be using book depository for mine. Only issue I've had is when it is pouring rain when the books arrive in the letterbox or doorstep. Thin cardboard does squat against that!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)