Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: New info Transformers: Robots in Disguise

One of the bonus features on one of the American releases of the TF4 movie was a look at the design process of toys... and it included a Grimlock-styled toy, that looks new enough to maybe be an RID toy.

If it is RID Grimlock, it looks a bit Animated-ish.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    One of the bonus features on one of the American releases of the TF4 movie was a look at the design process of toys... and it included a Grimlock-styled toy, that looks new enough to maybe be an RID toy.

If it is RID Grimlock, it looks a bit Animated-ish.
    I'm all up for another Animated-ish Grimlock. Outside of the movie figures, Animated Grimlock is my second-favourite Grimlock behind MP-08

Another trailer. Looks good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KjHtPfhHCg

I'm looking forward to watching this (something I never felt about TF Prime)

Armada might have been known as Pokeformers, but only in RID do you have to catch 'em all!

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Will definitely check it out, looks pretty interesting

ooooohhh i like that

Need more autobot reveals.....please....can we have Jazz? Prowl? Return of Wheeljack?

Sideswipe's haircut looks less prominent i think

Looks fun. Fingers crossed.

BWTF's analysis of the trailer

My thoughts:
    RE: 1) I don't mind Prime communing with Bumblebee from beyond the Matrix, but I don't want to see him return. That would just be far too cliché and cheapen his sacrifice from Predacons Rising.
    RE: 3) I don't know if I'd like a TF without a robot mode. I personally was never a huge fan of the Mutant Beasts.
    RE: 4) I hope not. This is what G1 fans didn't like about Rodimus Prime from the G1 cartoon series. I'd like to see Bumblebee actually grow into becoming a _competent_ leader who doesn't need to be constantly compared with Optimus Prime, much like what Cheetor became in Beast Machines.
    RE: 5) I totally agee that this is very cool.
    RE: 7) Surely that would make the Decepticons easier to hunt down. It'd make more sense if they had vehicular modes or realistic organic looking beast modes to become robots in disguise (as the show's title suggests, unless it only applies to the Autobots... except the dino-guy ).
    RE: 8) Good! I also noticed that Sideswipe has the Kanji for "speed" (速) on his bonnet!
    RE: 9) That's just silly... unless the Decepticons have somehow decided to give up using firearms too. Which makes no sense. Guns > melee weapons, as demonstrated by Indiana Jones against that dude with the swords.
    RE: 10) Also agree, I would have loved to see the TF Prime kids grown up. The fanboy in me would've also liked to see Fowler marry June Darby and become Jack's step-father, then mentor him in joining the military and becoming special ops. Cos a _soldier_ is a more useful human companion for an Autobot than ... ya know... children.

I hope Grimlock there doesn't feel the need to hide on earth :3

That is a good trailer for the show. I would dislike it if Bumblebee ends up being a whinge-leader like the way Rodimus Prime was portrayed during his reign of the Autobots.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofigure View Post
    Need more autobot reveals.....please....can we have Jazz? Prowl? Return of Wheeljack?
    I hope not. Transformers biggest problem is rehashing in a line that's all about change. (maybe that's change back? )

One of the things that I like about this ad is all the new characters. Only BB (and kinda Prime depending how much of a presence he has) is a carry over from the last show, and just by speaking BB is a lot different.

This type of Sideswipe hasn't been a character in a cartoon since the 80s, and sure Grimlock's familiar too, but everyone else is new. None of those Decepticons look like a rehash of the same old villains.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    RE: 3) I don't know if I'd like a TF without a robot mode. I personally was never a huge fan of the Mutant Beasts.
    You don't like Ravage, Laserbeak, Buzzsaw, Ratbat, Steeljaw, Ramhorn, Trypticon, Sky Lynx, etc either? No robot mode can be a bad thing when they end up with nonsense vehicle modes ROTF Ravage, and two beast modes aren't great either, but don't see a problem with a car turning into a beast (looking at Alternator Ravage).

(Also doesn't BWTF have a comments section? :P)