Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Collector Club Subscription set 3 now open for orders

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It is six shipments after all.... which is at least $17 each. That's the same as the last two years for a single set (which is why I try to get at least one extra set, to bring it down to about $75 shipping per set).
    $17 isn't excessive by American standards (especially when you use ebay), but FunPub started hiding their shipping amounts, so it is impossible to know how cheap they are getting it, and keeping the difference.

When they arrive, you should be able to work it out through the USPS website, but then you have to hassle them for proof of what they paid, and/or a refund.
    And they make that so frustrating, you give up bothering to chase it up after a while.
    Maybe you could hit them up in that question thread at TFW? I bought a few of the TFSS 1.0 figures when they dropped in price earlier in the year from BBTS (Circut and Slipstream). Now BBTS have dropped the prices yet AGAIN so I just picked up Breakdown. Certainly beginning to be cheaper to just get the figures from places other than the official club. I will definetly want to pick up Krok from this lot, maybe when they become really (realitvly speaking) cheap at BBTS I may consider getting Nacelle & Serpent O.R, but it would have to be at a bargain price. No way am I paying the full TFSS 3.0 subscription service for this lot.

An image of a second figure has been tweeted - Nacelle - still not giving us any modes we haven't already seen. (there are four figures that have only had one mode revealed so far, so now would be a good time to reveal them)
    It does include artwork of the character though, which should be its biocard image.

Apparently, Pete from FunPub has mentioned somewhere (I can't find it to reference) that the bonus figure is a Generations Legends figure (the ones that come with a "Targetmaster" partner)... which would mean a redeco of either - Optimus, Bumblebee, Starscream, Megatron, Swerve, Cosmos, Skrapnel, or Tailgate.
    Could be anything from any of those moulds, since only one of this year's main six was anything obvious/expected (Gen2 Starscream).

Apparently, Pete from FunPub has mentioned somewhere (I can't find it to reference) that the bonus figure is a Generations Legends figure (the ones that come with a "Targetmaster" partner)... which would mean a redeco of either - Optimus, Bumblebee, Starscream, Megatron, Swerve, Cosmos, Skrapnel, or Tailgate.
    Could be anything from any of those moulds, since only one of this year's main six was anything obvious/expected (Gen2 Starscream).
    That Takara picture with the "G1" Nacelle toy features a blue Cosmos. Just saying.

The Platinum Edition Sideswipe and JP GEN Ratbat have that metallic shine to the plastic, so it is possible... so it would be good if they manage to get it done in shiny green & gold like that.
    Yeah, I'd be all over it if it were coloured like that. I very much doubt it would be though.

A third character art/image has been released on their site - Tarantulas... now missing a LOT of paint apps on the robot and Microns that we saw at BotCon (in the first post above).

Hearing all the negative feedback over all the missing paint apps on this second version of Tarantulas, the Club have released a third version image, that changes a lot of the colours on the robot (including more striking greens), but still leaves the Microns as plain purple.
    They've also fixed up the allegiance symbol on the artwork, which the artist put a Decepticon symbol on the leg instead of a Predacon symbol.

Since there are only two figures with new heads in this set, the more iconic Tarantulas should have got a new head instead of Carzap. Carzap, or Zap, is not well known enough to need a new head - it could have sufficed with Nightbeat's head, and no one probably would have complained about it not looking like the original Zap head. Most people know what Tarantulas' head looks like, but how many would know what Zap's head looks like?
    A Tarantulas head would have helped push this motorcycle mould over the edge into "must have" for the robot mode.

Hearing all the negative feedback over all the missing paint apps on this second version of Tarantulas, the Club have released a third version image, that changes a lot of the colours on the robot (including more striking greens), but still leaves the Microns as plain purple.
    They've also fixed up the allegiance symbol on the artwork, which the artist put a Decepticon symbol on the leg instead of a Predacon symbol.

Since there are only two figures with new heads in this set, the more iconic Tarantulas should have got a new head instead of Carzap. Carzap, or Zap, is not well known enough to need a new head - it could have sufficed with Nightbeat's head, and no one probably would have complained about it not looking like the original Zap head. Most people know what Tarantulas' head looks like, but how many would know what Zap's head looks like?
    A Tarantulas head would have helped push this motorcycle mould over the edge into "must have" for the robot mode.
    I agree, Nightbeat's head would have worked if, but isnt the mould still in use or alteast would have been when Zap would have been developed. However Zap could have been used in subscription service 4

The Club site has updated with the fourth figure - Carzap.

Carzap is actually the name of the unreleased Japanese white redeco of Zap & Windbreaker, which I did not know until I looked it up today. (I thought the JP toy was either called Zap or unnamed because it was never released... and thought that FunPub called theirs Carzap because they couldn't end up using the name Zap - which was what they called it at BotCon.)

I still haven't seen a plausible reason why they preferred to give this toy a new head instead of Tarantulas. Not many people would be able to pick the original Zap's head out of a line-up to have this toy need it... but most people would be able to pick Tarantulas' head from a line-up for a "Tarantulas" toy to need it. And with Carzap coming with a Kreo Blackrock and mini-buildset, the toy already has something unique, so shouldn't be "greedy" with a new head as well.

So how do I go about getting Carzap if I'm not a TFCC member...
    Which brings us to where we are today...

BBTS is probably the cheapest option on its own.