Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: (OCT-2013) Animated Era Cartoon - Reviews and Favourites

I'm going against the flow here, but I preferred Season 1 and 2 over the third one. I think it stood out to me because the Autobots were fighting not only the Decepticons (who were formidable forces, needing the whole team to defeat only one) but also supervillains. Yeah, some of the villains weren't that great, but I thought it was quite funny and enjoyable.

Then in Season 3 everything changed, and it felt more... stretched in terms of believability. What with Sari going into full robot gear to Soundwave taking over the Autobots. It felt like a complete change compared to the previous two seasons.

Anyway, I was one of the ones that was wary at the beginning due to the aesthetics but I liked it enough after a few episodes but it's not one of my all-time favourites. I appreciate all the references and designs, but to me, the cartoon wasn't too memorable. The characterisations were good though, loved Blitzwing's triple personality (it was perfect), Megatron's evilness and Prowl's awesomeness. Sentinel Prime and Ultra Magnus were annoying, typical story plot in which they don't believe Optimus even though the evidence is right before their eyes.

Overall, fun series to watch that doesn't get boring.
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"

In preperation for the annual Halloween party our class has each year, I had the kids watch 'Along came a Spider' today As far as I know it's the only Halloween themed TF episode from any series