Page 60 of 154 FirstFirst ... 405055565758596061626364657080 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Critics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Watched Gone Girl the other night. 3 letters describe that movie... WTF!!!!
    My mother and sister watched this the other night. They pretty much said the exact same thing to me. Then tried explaining it. Sounded pretty crappy

Gone Girl was one of the movies I enjoyed the most last year. Really got swept up in it and never had idea what was coming next - a nice change from the regular predictable films. Better to watch without knowing too much about it IMO.

One of my top five of the year (along with Capt 2, Edge of Tomorrow, Pride and the second Hobbit movie).

Quote Originally Posted by CBratron View Post
    It's a Marvel superhero movie for Disney/Pixar audiences.
    You had me at Pixar.

I'm looking forward to Gone Girl, although I've heard it is very bleak. Might have to be in the right mindset to see it.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Any man in a relationship who watches Gone Girl will definitely sleep with one eye open that night.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Aaah, gotta love Blockbusters' long w/e special deals.

Lucy
    A fairly enjoyable film from Luc Besson. Sure, there's a lot of "Balonium Factor" stuff that the audience needs to suspend disbelief for -- notably the whole using one's full brain capacity apparently turns you into a god -- but that aside, it was a fun film.

おおかみこどもの雨と雪 (Wolf Children)
    An absolutely delightful film that tugs right at the heart strings and amid a fantasy backdrop. It also explores several themes including personal identity, environmental preservation, independence and the family.

Now I'm watching the new TMNT film.

Finally watched SCANNERS from beginning to end the other night on SBS2. Anyone else feel that it is an over-rated, turgid snore-fest? Because it is.
    "Once you have them by the balls, their hearts and minds will soon follow."

Please check my toy blog: www.tonkstoys.com

I watched The Remaining. Remember that movie that Homer Simpson watched called Left Below? Yeah... The Remaining is basically this, only trying to be Cloverfield-esque in delivery. (-_-) Avoid.

Been catching up on a few movies lately...

Birdman -brilliantly made and acted. May not be everyone's type of movie as it is far from mainstream but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Gone Girl - as others have said WTF ! Great movie and well scripted but it felt strange watching it with the wife ha ha

Big Hero 6 - good but didn't find it as great as I expected, but maybe others had hyped it too much for me. I am man enough to admit that I did feel a bit emotional in 'that scene' near the end of the movie

Dumb and dumber 2 - I think the title describes me for watching it. Just bad
    Dapto Dog for 2017

Cant really finish a movie in one seating because of the kids...watched Edge of Tomorrow last time and im totally lost which part i left it.

Should watch it one night in one seating or else I will never understand what im watching or worst just write down what time i left it or i will be like Tom Cruise trying to watch his movie trying to get to the end of it

Finally got around to watching V for Vendetta (almost 10 years late ). I really don't know why it took me so long but I'm glad that I watched it now. Very intelligent and well acted. 8.5 out of 10.

Quote Originally Posted by ampoldj View Post
    Cant really finish a movie in one seating because of the kids...watched Edge of Tomorrow last time and im totally lost which part i left it.
    I can sympathise with this. The amount of times I have tried to watch Oblivion makes it feel like a mini-series. Really wish there was a 'Previously on' whenever I put it on.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]