Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie: The Hobbit - Battle of the Five Armies

Megatran Guest

Default Movie: The Hobbit - Battle of the Five Armies

Who'll be going to see this next installment?

Watching the ad on the tv, it looked as if it could have been any of the previous installments. Same, same but different?

My wife and I will probably still go see it.

I think we will still enjoy it even if it's not that good.

im going to see it for sure ..got my tickets already for lux .. the second film was slow and more of a filler , and a build up to this chapter.... so im expecting lots of action !! it is after all the battle of the five armies

Nope.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Will definitely be seeing it. It's a tradition that me and the wife have almost every year going back to the LOTR trilogy. Super pumped for this Also, every year I have a LOTR marathon the first Saturday in January however I might have to spread it out over 2 days when this one gets released on DVD.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

I'll give it a pirate one day out of curiosity, betting it's crap like like pt2 was.

It's the Star Wars prequels all over again ;_;

Spoiler warning: post contains spoilers from an 80 year old book

Mmeeeee! I also have a tradition of watching all the LOTR/Hobbit films in cinema. I'm really looking forward to seeing how they do the Battle of Five Armies, as we only really hear about it from the recount of surviving characters in the book, but not viewing it directly in "real time," since Bilbo was rendered unconscious for most of the battle.

The use of the black arrow is interesting, because I've always visualised it as just a regular arrow which Bard shoots from a longbow, but the film has already established it as a massive bolt which must be fired from a big mounted crossbow. It's been years since I've read The Hobbit, so is the film's portrayal actually correct?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Spoiler warning: post contains spoilers from an 80 year old book

The use of the black arrow is interesting, because I've always visualised it as just a regular arrow which Bard shoots from a longbow, but the film has already established it as a massive bolt which must be fired from a big mounted crossbow. It's been years since I've read The Hobbit, so is the film's portrayal actually correct?
    Spoiler

You are correct, in the book it is referred as a black arrow, and he shoots it from his bow. It doesn't really go on to establish much lore, except that he has had it for a long time, it once belonged to his father. I'm sure somewhere in the book there is more, but I quickly just went to one section. T he mounted crossbow thing, maybe that is some dwarven invention probably mentioned by the author, in his notes.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Will definitely be seeing it. It's a tradition that me and the wife have almost every year going back to the LOTR trilogy. Super pumped for this Also, every year I have a LOTR marathon the first Saturday in January however I might have to spread it out over 2 days when this one gets released on DVD.
    Have you done the extended versions yet 5FDP? I'm a big fan of the LOTR movies, and loved the extra scenes and story content

Quote Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post
    Have you done the extended versions yet 5FDP? I'm a big fan of the LOTR movies, and loved the extra scenes and story content
    Yeah, I have and also own them (the original book case style 5 disc sets), but I usually just watch the cinema versions. 4 and a half hours for Return Of The King is bit too much for me, plus I don't have to get up and change DVD's half way through
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]