Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Transformers Figure Subscription Service Is Go

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Transformers Figure Subscription Service Is Go

http://www.transformersclub.com/

The new six-month subscription is $282 or $47 a figure, plus TFCC international shipping.

Shipping options are:

Post Office Express Mail International $286.50 ($47.75 per shipment times six)
    Post Office Priority Mail International $234.60 ($39.10 times six)
    First-Class Mail International Parcel $113.28 ($18.88 times six)

To add Insurance to order is $21.00. Insurance includes delivery confirmation and signature required if available.

Or in other words it is at the very least going to be $400 for five Deluxes and an Ultra (or $70ish for each toy). If you're going to go in with a friend for shipping or want to try being a scalper, it might be more cost efficient to order two or three subscriptions at once.

For this, you will receive:

1. Autobot Strategist: Jackpot (Animated Jazz as AM Jackpot.)
    Includes: Photonic Penchaku

2. Autobot Messenger: Circuit (Movie Axor as AM Circuit.)
    Includes: Invisibilty Screen Generator

3. Decepticon Scout: Breakdown (The most recent BotCon G2 Breakdown as his G1 incarnation.)
    Includes: Concussion Rifle and Vibro-Projection Engine

4. Decepticon Espionage: Slipstream (Prime Starscream as Animated Slipstream.)
    Includes: AGP (Alternating Gyro-Power) Nullifiers

5. Decepticon Clone Commander: Scourge (Generations G2 Optimus Prime as RiD Scourge.)
    Includes: Sword of Fury

6. Maximal Commander: Ultra Mammoth (Beast Wars Neo Big Convoy as Ultra Magnus.)
    Includes: Blue Bolt Cannon, Energy Bolts, Thunderstrike Missiles, and Reconfiguration Matrix

There's no reason to hurry as long as you get in by September the 10th - these toys are made to order.

I'm 99% sure that I'm not going to do it this time, since I only like Circuit and Ultra Mammoth. But it's an interesting new business model.

I only somewhat like two of their figures but would not pay over $50 for any so I won't be getting the sub either. On the plus side, they are offering First Class international shipping so it's not too bad.

They should of thought of more interesting characters with better executions to make them worth the high price.

Decepticon Guest

I think I will wait til they show up on eBay. I only want 2 of the figures.

You can't just order one figure? It's all or nothing? If so that's a pity because like most people I'm interested in only a couple of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    I'm 99% sure that I'm not going to do it this time, since I only like Circuit and Ultra Mammoth. But it's an interesting new business model.
    Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I only somewhat like two of their figures but would not pay over $50 for any so I won't be getting the sub either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Decepticon View Post
    I think I will wait til they show up on eBay. I only want 2 of the figures.
    Quote Originally Posted by snaketales View Post
    You can't just order one figure? It's all or nothing? If so that's a pity because like most people I'm interested in only a couple of them.
    Yes, Snaketales, unless there are some 'left' to be sold on the site, at which point it will be the usual TFCC scragfight - they can't be preordered individually. Clearly most of us only like a couple, so maybe it would be worthwhile if it was discerned whether or not they are the same ones. If 'not' then perhaps Ozformers could split some subscriptions.

Out of interest, let's see what toys we would be after in but please note that even if we do find a way to do a group order, I would not be in it. I only mildly like these figures so to me, they are not worth the $50+ asking price.

Kup:
    - Circuit
    - Slipstream

That pricing is not too bad. It's on par with a BotCon box set. Just shame there's no nice box (or any box).

Because of my past experience with the club, they won't see my $ for this (as I will NEVER re-join the club even if want the toys)

I am however interested in somehow trying to get Scourge and Breakdown for the Classics Collection

That's a lot of cash for a lot of meh toys.

Thanks for that price breakdown Sky Shadow. Helped me decide to give it a miss. (I was 99% there anyway)
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    That pricing is not too bad. It's on par with a BotCon box set. Just shame there's no nice box (or any box).
    Yeah but they characters and paint jobs are not really interesting enough to make me want to pay those prices. If they had been as interesting as say Botcon 06 characters, I would be all over them.