Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers: The Movie 30th Anniversay Edition

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Shout Factory region locks their stuff.

I still have not been able to get my Season 2 and 3 TFP disk (or rather a rip of them) to run on my Xbox One, PS4, etc.
    Yup, because their licence for the content requires it as they only have US distribution rights. Hardly their fault, and certainly not their fault that fans like the quality, additional content and extra mile they go for.

Essentially, its the same complaint that a US MacBook won't come with an AU charger - it's not intended for that market.

That said, for under $100 you can get a Laser Blu-ray Disc player from Big W that is region switchable. You can't get an all-region BD player, but this one can be set to DVD region 0 (ie: not locked) and BD zone A with the press of a few buttons, with no restrictions on how many times you can do it.

Coming from someone who once had a mate who was on a tour in the US buy a Playstation 3 from a mall in New Orleans and cart it back with him, it's a hell of a lot easier and cheaper.

I'm not sure if my blu-ray is re-mastered or not. In the photo BigTransformerTrev posted I have the dvd in the upper right and the blu ray in the bottom middle. Pending more details and info I may buy this.

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    I'm not sure if my blu-ray is re-mastered or not. In the photo BigTransformerTrev posted I have the dvd in the upper right and the blu ray in the bottom middle. Pending more details and info I may buy this.
    Shout Factory are known for making new transfers. If you're uncertain, wait for the reviews (decent DVD site reviews, not TF sites) but I'd bet it looks better than the (rather decent looking, considering the film's origins) transfer available on BD in Australia.

Eh, unless there's a special edition where Grimlock steps on Wheelie, I'm happy w/ what I've already got.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I definitely noticed a few extra details watching the Blu Ray, mostly background detail. It is very nice.

Similarly I have multiple versions of this film, but one more couldn't hurt!
    ditto. much more detail that was never there on earlier releases.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Shout Factory region locks their stuff.

I still have not been able to get my Season 2 and 3 TFP disk (or rather a rip of them) to run on my Xbox One, PS4, etc.
    Madman have released all 3 seasons of TFP on Bluray now.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Megatran Guest

Perhaps this release will include Spike's potty mouth.

I thought the Australian Madman DVD did have Spike's potty mouth.

I think all the DVD releases include it; it was only cut from the VHS release IIRC.

Preorders up on Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythirax View Post
    Wait, why sadly? What am I missing?
    Nothing.