Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Movie: The Hobbit - Battle of the Five Armies

I loved the LotR trilogy. But dragging The Hobbit out to 3 long movies is just tedious. Only just made it through the first and both my wife and I fell asleep in the second. So I will be giving this a miss.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

A little to the left... a little bit more...

I'll see it probably - I have free Hoyts tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    It's the Star Wars prequels all over again ;_;
    Not as bad as that, but I get your point.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    But dragging The Hobbit out to 3 long movies is just tedious.
    Yeah, another case of Studio greed. I'd rather they made only one film that went for 3-4 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    I'll see it probably - I have free Hoyts tickets.
    I used up my free/discount tickets watching AoE 3 times in cinemas.
    Although the IMAX discount voucher was almost expiring, so it's not as if I could've saved it for The Hobbit.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts on this trilogy.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Lots of stupid stuff added to the final battle that makes no sense or does not improve upon the book. The added in Gundabar and Angmar stuff from the book of lost tales/lotr appendices that did nothing but have their name dropped.

This would have been a good two parter as it would have cut down the extra stuff. Walsh and Doyle are pretty good at adapting Tolkiens work but are absolutely pathetic when trying to write their own material.

I'd like to go into more detail and big flaws contnuity wise but I'll leave it for now until others get a chance to watch.

Overall it was an overlong, bloated finish to a series already weak due to the "new material". One so called comic relief character got more lives and screen time than any dwarf not called Thorin or Kili and was a true waste of time and got no come uppance nor did he redeem himself.
    Smaug and Bard steal this movie and gimmicky casting tries it's best to kill it.

Like the most recent superman film, you'll have battle fatigue at the end if this. I look forward to the extended edition next year to see if it removes some jarring cuts and lack of sense in other areas.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Who'll be going to see this next installment
    Nope. I'm off to see Transformers 5 instead in a couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    L
    This would have been a good two parter as it would have cut down the extra stuff.
    I'd like to go into more detail and big flaws contnuity wise but I'll leave it for now until others get a chance to watch.

Overall it was an overlong, bloated finish to a series already weak due to the "new material". One so called comic relief character got more lives and screen time than any dwarf not called Thorin or Kili and was a true waste of time and got no come uppance nor did he redeem himself.
    Smaug and Bard steal this movie and gimmicky casting tries it's best to kill it.
    totally agree , there was alot of scene they should of cut out altogether , but i think it was the best of the three , lots of action and epic battle scenes. The comic relief was so annoying !!

I enjoyed it, but as others said, more time on the other dwarfs rather than comic relief - there was one dwarf that hardly got any screentime in all three movies. I would have liked to see a little more of Saruman turning to the dark side, Christopher Lee rocks

I've tried to watch the first movie twice - both times fell asleep after the troll scene

The missus mother gave me a book about the second movie Xmas 2013 even though have never seen it - she assumes if you are a TF geek that you are an all-rounder geek

Seen all the LOTR movies a bunch of times. Seeing Hobbit No 3 is low on the list of priorities - as far as I'm concerned they should have done one movie which is all the short book needed - not stretched and padded it out to three just to make more money

First off, I haven't read any of the books. I have enjoyed all 3 hobbit movies and found them more enjoyable than the LoTR trilogy.