Thread: Captives

Default Captives

I watched on the news that there are some "ppl" who took hostage a store and there are some ppl trapped in there as well.

I'm sorry that is happening in your country.
    What are you thoughts about the situation and is there any updates?

From what I saw, it seems like your government wants to deal with this peacefully which is a really nice to see as oppose to the americans aggressive way of doing thing.

Current news can be found here.
    Unfortunately it didn't end quite so peacefully as we might have liked - a shootout with two hostages and the hostage-taker dead.

Condolences to those who lost their lives, friends, and/or loved ones in this horrible event. Here's hoping that it's the last, and that it doesn't result in misguided 'reprisals' against Australia's Muslim community in general.

aww damn, i was so hoping for a peaceful outcome.
    I am sorry. Thanks for the link.
    My condolences go out to the families as well.

Our media has been comparisons with yesterday's siege with the recent attack on the Canadian Parliament in October, and last year's murder of Lee Rigby in the UK. Your Prime Minister has offered his condolences as well, which is much appreciated. Thoughts are definitely with friends and families of the victims, both those who were killed and the traumatised survivors who have to live with the memories of this event for the rest of their lives.